Need some prayers...or whatever you may do

nypamedic43

I am asking people to say some prayers for my friend and co-worker Tim Golden. This morning he was taken to the ED by his son with a bad headache, stiff neck and nausea/vomiting. CT and MRI have confirmed a major bleed and he has been sedated and placed on a respirator to try to get his ICP down and the neurologist figures how best to attack it.

I know that some of you have your own way of believing or not...but however you believe...please say a prayer for him. I worked with him yesterday and he was fine, no complaints of any kind. So this news first thing this morning has me very upset...floored actually.

We've been asked by staff to keep our visits to a minimum for several reasons, mostly for him, and asking for prayers or whatever is the best I can do for him right now.

Thank you.

Done. I know EXACTLY what you are going through- similar situation with a nurse I have known for 20 years. Same c/c- head aches, nausea, dizzy. Drove herself to the ER,Collapsed, emergency craniotomy- HUGE bleed- was not expected to survive. Everyone essentially wrote her off- included all our medical community friends. Spent 1 week in a coma, woke up, and now 3 weeks later, she is currently in rehab, awake, alert, with some deficits, but can speak and move, and walk with assistance.

In other words, ANYTHING is possible for your friend and I will keep him in my thoughts.

Sending prayers and good thoughts your way. Hope things turn out OK.

UPDATE:: He is in ICU, undergoing more tests because they cant see where the bleeding is coming from. Dr. Kung ( the best neurologist in the area) is foregoing surgery, at least for now. He is thinking that it is a leaking aneurism but all he knows for sure is that is subarachnoid in nature and he is waiting for aditional testing. I should know more tomorrow when I talk to Tim's son.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.