Need some prayers...or whatever you may do

nypamedic43

I am praying Tim his family and coworkers. I know exactly what his family is going through and know what to ask God for.

Talked to Timmy's wife last night. Apparently our local hospital knew he had an aneurism somewhere but couldnt find it. So they flew him to Stong....and they found it almost immediately. Its just behind his left eye but he also has blood in the back of his brain as well. Anyway, he underwent a procedure yesterday where they placed a coil. From what his wife said the procedure went well and as long as there isnt a secondary bleed somewhere his prognosis is now quite good. He will need some rehab though and he has some confusion probaly from the pressure on his brain, but she said that that was clearing up as well.

Its kind of scary when you think about it. How fast your life can turn upside down. We dont think it can happen to us but it can...and does. We dont like to think about our own mortality but because of this, I have put a plan in place and my wishes on paper in the event that something happens and I cant speak for myself.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. They are so very appreciated!

Well it's been 6 days since Timmy was flown to Strong. The surgery went very well. He is talking and joking around and playing on his laptop. Status updates are coming from him directly now. He has to have another angio done on Thursday and if it looks good he can come back to the area (not home) on Friday. Some memories are still foggy but there are no physical deficits.

Happy news :))

• Like 2

Well it's been 6 days since Timmy was flown to Strong. The surgery went very well. He is talking and joking around and playing on his laptop. Status updates are coming from him directly now. He has to have another angio done on Thursday and if it looks good he can come back to the area (not home) on Friday. Some memories are still foggy but there are no physical deficits.

Incredible. It's so nice to hear GOOD news for a change. Very happy for you and your friend. Interestingly- I have a coworker who had the same thing- same problem, in the same place. She also had a coil inserted, and the only residual problem is a droopy eyelid that is now clearing up. In fact, I was playing "Words with friends" with her on Facebook as she was recovering in the ICU. LOL

Modern medicine(and a lot of luck) is an amazing thing, isn't it?

we knock modern medicine sometimes, and berate those who use it (YES US INCLUDED) but i often stop to think for a few seconds how marvelous it really is...without modern medicine i would not be alive (wont go into it here) of those we treat would not be alive today.

im glad your friend is doing well!!

mike

This is great! I commend you for recognizing that there are some things that are entirely outside the physical realm. We can say that the surgeons skill, timing, and all the other factors were resulted in such a good outcome.

Somethings are entirely in God's hands. I am glad our prayers were answered in such a encouraging way. Good on you for knowing were to look for help.