Change of Scenery

tcripp

While everyone is looking at how to get in to the 911 EMS realm, I am making a move in to a clinical setting. Can't wait to see what the new position will provide, but it is a paramedic position in an imaging clinic.

Now, I am already missing the tones and the radio traffic...but what I'm not missing is the late night toe pain calls. Additionally, I'm excited that I will have holidays and Sunday's off...will be making more per hour with fewer overtime hours...and sleeping in my own bed seven nights a week.

• Like 1

Awesome! I hope everything works out for you!

(Psssst. When she says, 'imaging', that's code for 'strip club.')

We wish you all the best Toni, in your new 'imaging' endeavors!

(Truly am excited to hear how it goes...The ()? That's me whispering...see? Clever, right?)

Dwayne

Additionally, I'm excited that I will have holidays and Sunday's off...will be making more per hour with fewer overtime hours...and sleeping in my own bed seven nights a week.

I can say from experience, that this is absolutely fantastic. Not having to be continuously fighting your circadian rhythms and being in sync with the rest of the world is incredible.

Danny - thanks!

Systemet - very much appreciate your sentiment and actually have enjoyed getting back to a normal sleep cycle.

Dwayne - you are just jealous because I will have my own pole whereas most fire services have to share one. Ewww!

(Thanks, sir! And, yes, you are very clever. I even understood without the explanation. I'm bright like that. :punk: )

Congrats Toni! I've been thinking about doing the same thing. Currently, I'm working critical care but it's night shift. I'm getting to old for that though. Steady days would be the bomb as I would still be on the truck, but home @ night, and sleep in my own bed even!.

I wish you only the best in your new position!

Dwayne - you are just jealous because I will have my own pole whereas most fire services have to share one. Ewww!

(Thanks, sir! And, yes, you are very clever. I even understood without the explanation. I'm bright like that. :punk: )

I think your just happy he got your name right on the first attempt.

Fireman1037

• Like 3