The internal oh s*** button. And staying calm with a quickly deteriorating vent patient.

Mike, I wouldn't sweat it to much. One thing I've learned is that it is the pts that you least expect that will be the ones to sue. It also sounds like you need to find a new company before it bites you in the ass.

It also sounds like you need to find a new company before it bites you in the ass.

see post in personal side forum. :-D

see post in personal side forum. :-D

On my way, as you have piqued my curiosity.

EDIT: Congrats man. Do whatever it takes to get the hell out of Dodge.

Edited by ERDoc

Hell the company is so damn cheap they are training all basics to give EPI IM instead of buying the damn EPI-pens.

The only epi-pen I have ever seen is a trainer except for one I purchased myself.

How are they teaching you to give IM? What dose and how do they train basics to get the right dose?

I am not afraid of any damn stiff. I shit myself because IT wasn't my damn patient and I let this guy spin down the drain quietly instead of doing what I should've done.....Pulling out a BVM and bagging his ass and when my medic got into an up roar I shouldve told him to fly a kite. Hell I could've deep suctioned him, did a chest decompression if needed, or re-intubated BUT I didn't have the damn patch to do it. Because of his lack of action it makes me look like an incompetent fuck.And yes I am concerned what people think about me. Wouldn't you if you were "some kid". People judge me because of my date of birth. Not my ability to care. And I feel like if I can acquire the knowledge and ability to care they will overlook my age. Am I off key to think this way?

Im not afraid to act. Im scared of the consequences of due to my LACK of action.

Also on a different note. I came to the ICU a few days ago. He was no longer there. He died. So I am wondering if Ill be appearing in court a few months from now because my partner and myself let this guys brain fry due to hypoxia?

And im not doing no damn granny shuffle. Just last weekend we took a critical pedi. We are a ITFT that is under trained and underequipped. whatever drugs we need but dont have. we get the docs to write the orders (our protocols are the generic J-RAC and even than we dont carry all the drugs we are supposed to. so whatever we need we have get from the transferring doc) Hell the company is so damn cheap they are training all basics to give EPI IM instead of buying the damn EPI-pens.

There you go Mike: Thats the response I was looking for!

You came on and sounded bewildered and confused and whining about everything. I wanted to see if you had something else in your retinue.

Yes you are working for a crappy transport company, that doesn't train it's staff, doesn't have the proper equipment on their trucks, doesn't have the required meds etc etc.

When the high point of the past week is a single pedi call you are doing the shuttle.

I wanted to see if there was some fire in your shorts and a need to be better.

Sorry if that seemed cynical, but sometimes the truth hurts!

Glad to see your seeking employment elsewhere, a crappy shuttle service will suck the life out of you::: & your patients!

• Like 1

Thanks island. Turns out I have a job offer from one 911 company already.

Good way to check for fire levels.

Your welcome! I've been doing this profession since 1971, and have seen hundreds if not thousands of newbies come into it full of dreams and passion, only to see them burnt to a crisp within months due to working in a situation like where you are now.

I made that blunt in your face comment for a reason, to get the reaction from you that I thought was there deep down. A need to be better personally than a crappy transport service holding you back.

It is good that you realize this and are moving forward.

Sucks when your only 19. Not too many insurance companies will put you on the policy.

Edited by Mike Ellis

All i can offer to you: is patience young grasshopper. Your time will come and then you can take care of the old farts like me.

Look to some of Biebers post from when he started out. He has become what many of us hope for the future of EMS. Young , educated and willing to admit there is much they need to learn from everyday.

Don't let your early years ruin it for the rest of your career. When I started out , I was 18 and couldn't wait to be at the top of the heap. Then I learned patience and learned to listen to my more experienced elders. A stint in the Navy also went a long way towards seasoning some of that attitude.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.