Why do you give, or take, points on posts?

DwayneEMTP

. I honestly only value the opinion of certain folks, and they gain my e-respect by seeing how they:

Sometimes, I fly off my hinge, search a user, and negative all their posts that I can, just because they're such a terrible douche, that I think everyone needs to know this by their level of negatives. Just sayin.

Wow I'm honored to have you mention how much you value my opinion. :) But I do agree there are many posters that I no longer even read the crap they spout.

Now as to searching posts just to leave negatives. OUCH. I am not near that obsessive.

I was being sarcastic.

YOU probably were. What worries me is those who are NOT being sarcastic about looking up all posts from someone who has "offended", and hitting them with negative scores.
  • Like 1

I pretty much reserve my negatives for people who have the words "crotch," "flaming," or "peepees" in their screenname. As for positives, it all depends on my mood. I can't say I have any set criteria but I do like posts with links to scientific literature and posts that praise ER staff, especially the physician.

• Like 1

I pretty much reserve my negatives for people who have the words "crotch," "flaming," or "peepees" in their screenname. As for positives, it all depends on my mood. I can't say I have any set criteria but I do like posts with links to scientific literature and posts that praise ER staff, especially the physician.

So if I change my username to "FlamingCrotchPeepees", I'm pretty much hosed, then?

I'm not sure I understand all of the ratings things on this site, but it's much easier to tell someone's credibility when they have (for example) '265' in the green box under their name, as opposed to '-46' in red. I'm still a newbie, but even I understand that green is good, red is bad.