Member status question

FireEMT2009

I have noticed that under my name it reads as EMT City Freshman and on others it reads as Elite Members or EMT City Sophomore. What do those mean and how do they change or can you change them?

Fire - the status is based on post counts. I'm not sure where each cutoff is exactly, I just know that after 1,000 posts I became an "Elite" member - whoo hooo...

Don't let that encourage you to pad your posts however. Make thoughtful, informative postings, stay active and before you know it, your status will change to reflect that.

... or ... just buy a subscription....

Fire - the status is based on post counts. I'm not sure where each cutoff is exactly, I just know that after 1,000 posts I became an "Elite" member - whoo hooo...

Don't let that encourage you to pad your posts however. Make thoughtful, informative postings, stay active and before you know it, your status will change to reflect that.

... or ... just buy a subscription....

Yea I was just curious about what those member status' meant.

All dependant on your number of postings. After I post this, I'll amend the posting with the number of postings this one makes, then you can check how many postings I am actually up to.

Ah, "Elite", with 5,983 postings. Number will go up with subsequent postings on all strings and subjects.

All dependant on your number of postings. After I post this, I'll amend the posting with the number of postings this one makes, then you can check how many postings I am actually up to.

Ah, "Elite", with 5,983 postings. Number will go up with subsequent postings on all strings and subjects.

A career EMTB and hosemonkey yet still some of the best posts on the City....I hate that you blow every theory of EMS that I have out of the water...

But I choose to consider you an anomaly, so it still works out....

Dwayne

Nearest I've been to being a Fire Fighter was a few months ago, when I ended up being first in at what I consider a rarity, a burning car from a Motor Vehicle Accident, on the Belt Parkway (Brooklyn, NY), while enroute home from the movies, in my POV (Nissan Quest minivan). I used to use my POVs as first response vehicles, so I still have 2 10 pound ABC chemical extinguishers from Costco in the cargo area, which turned out to not be enough to put out the fire, concentrated in the engine compartment. As a mention, an FDNY Battalion Chief, from the HazMat Division, in the "company car", pulled up while I was exhausting my second extinguisher "can", pulled his "can" from the Excursion, and exhausted it. Due to the traffic jam, the first Engine Company didn't arrive for another 3 minutes, which was also when we got the eastbound lanes, that we were in, shut down.

FYI, just being on the road, a limited access one, caused me to come up on it, as it was in the same direction of travel as I was going, so it was no scanner buff call, or an assigned call.

My "Lady J" and a mutual friend were with me. The mutual friend was terrified of the burning car doing a "Hollywood" explosion. After the Engines, Trucks and Ambulances were all on the scene, and I loaded the "cans" back into my POV, I told her (the friend) "Welcome to MY world".

After the Engines, Trucks and Ambulances were all on the scene, and I loaded the "cans" back into my POV, I told her (the friend) "Welcome to MY world".
A call is just as good as the coolest saying in it. :)

We should open a thread about the greatest lines said/heard on scene...who believed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GX-9mItAlQ?