Cardiac question

Kaisu

my husband was recently seen in the ER he swerved to miss a deer and hit a guide rail going 20mp went to the hospital, dr said chest contuston air bags did not deploy

he died 10 days later quickly he had cynosis nipple line to head, i gave CPR but did not work,, i got the ct report on the accident the report said progressive small pericardial enfussion,, the hospital never told us that they said it was a chest bruise,,on the 17th he died december first, in less then a minute, i was thinking it was hemopericardial rupture,, could that be correct with the nipple line cynosis any one know

thanks sarah

he was 46 years old, and i need to know was it the car accident and the injury he sustained and the hospital did not treat just sent him home with pt info on a chest bruise

i did not find out about the pericardial enfussion until yesterday the 7th of december he died dece3mber 1st cynasosi of mipple to head

does any one know idf he could of lived with that if the hospital would of treated when it happened

This is the wrong place for you to ask these types of questions.

You need to ask your lawyer to go through the right channels, we will not be your "medical experts"

I am sorry for your loss

he was 46 years old, and i need to know was it the car accident and the injury he sustained and the hospital did not treat just sent him home with pt info on a chest bruise

i did not find out about the pericardial enfussion until yesterday the 7th of december he died dece3mber 1st cynasosi of mipple to head

does any one know idf he could of lived with that if the hospital would of treated when it happened

If this is actually a true incident I will agree with my respected colleague mobey ... We are truly sorry for your loss.

That said: The manner in which this is written, presented, punctuated and the sentence structure leave's serious doubt in my mind that you are a "med student" The root cause of a death sound's from your description from an MVC, repeated for clarity the root cause, health care negligence, misdiagnosis, the failure of deployment of airbags nor even if your husband wearing a seatbelt, or even what was his Past medical history. It would be folly to eve suggest or try to answer your question from your post and COD cannot be determined from an on line website or advice column.

A word of advice ... any Lawyer in a suspected wrong full death suit will tell you that you have a chance of winning a lawsuit but it will not replace your lost husband and could cost you a great deal of money and personal agony.

As a side bar, perhaps obtain the autopsy report this could help point you in the right direction and by the way a pericardial effusion can have numerous causes.

cheers

Edited by tniuqs

YES I KNOW but i wanted to find out can a front impact with slamming into the stering wheel cause a injury,, i'm a medical tech , not as high of education that u have in advanced emergency care,,,

thanks

sarah

moby sorry i was typing in the dark. i'm not in advanced emergency care,, registered medical tech, mostly pt care, not familiar with nipple line cyanosis at all

just trying to get some answer,, i can google all day and not get the right info, but i'm having a hard time believing a steering wheel can cause a small pericardial effussion

thanks i thought this cite would give my some sort of avswers

No intent to make you upset Sarah .. Yes a frontal impact can do great damage but you have not informed us if he had a seat belt on ? .. its just so very difficult to say overall with the information you provided it would speculation only without details xrays, ct scans, lab values +++ , and pericardial effusion can be caused by infections as well, just saying. There is great disagreement in the cyanosis nipple line up in regards to a high aortic rupture as well, there are no hard and fast rules in life or death.

Best advise is get the autopsy report, you can access as a family member but it may traumatize you even more.

Here is a link to click on it may help answer some of your questions.

http://www.jems.com/...symptoms-trauma

Edited by tniuqs

but i wanted to find out can a front impact with slamming into the stering wheel cause a injury

No, with my 4 years of emergency medical education, I cannot see in any way, how slamming you're chest into a steel steeringwheel could possibly cause an injury.

As was started, there are meny causes of Pericardial effusion, you are not going to get what you are looking for here, as it puts us in a medcal/ethical conundrum.

EDIT

OK, after reading squints reply, I can see i'm being an a$$hole.

It appears you are looking for an answer that cannot be given without specifics of the accident. If you did give us specifics of your huband and the accident and we formulated an opinion we are opening ourselves to ethical and possiblt legal ramifications.

We have lots of people who come to this site asking these types of questions and not always real sincere, so excuse the short post above.

You see, if i were to answer "yes, hitting the steeringwheel could cause a pericardial effusion", I would expect a PM asking if I would testify to that as an expert witness.... then maybe a sobpoena.

sorry for the smart ass remark

Edited by mobey
  • Like 1

I think our wayward friend still needs to pursue these questions through her lawyer. Taking the information she gets here (based on an incomplete picture of what happened to her late husband), and running with it could potentially cause harm to her down the road.

Besides, whether she is a med tech or med student (as she has claimed both), she should have available to her resources through her own professional channels.

My condolences for your loss, ssaffreed.

i understand what your saying,, i'm in no way in your field i have associate in science mostly because i was takinig care of my husband he had leukemia at the time and a severe diabetic,, i'm still in school but not like you guys you deal with trauma everyday and i know you have been threw what i have you ask your self what if i did this or did i clear the airway good enough or maybe if i gave him one more breathe i have just neen asking my self i'm trained in cpr and i could not save my husband what did i do wrong you guys deal with trauma every day i know you do,,, you have got to understand, what i'm going threw trying to make since, when i was giveing cpr it was hard to give a breathe in with all the fluid in his lungs,, and i was trying to figure out what happened the accident on the 17th he was only going 20-25 miles before hitting the gaurd rail ,,, i'm just stressing out maybe i missed something but i did not see any symptoms at all it was so fast collapsed and went lifeless,,

i was trying to figure out how to deal with this i can't stop asking my self what i did not see,, i know you have gone threw this, and have at one time had a lot of stress too

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.