11/ 11/11 2011

tniuqs

This without doubt to myself is one of the most important days of my year to honour those that have fallen, please look back to years prior, especially Lone Star of whom my very dear friend assisted me with the post last year A Pittance of Time .

http://www.emtcity.com/topic/19112-11-1111-2010/page__st__10__p__249505__hl__+rememberance%20+day__fromsearch__1#entry249505

This year I submit, as I am a proud Scot to the very bone, a theme song that I would like to share, yes its a movie theme, nevertheless tis fitting this year with the loss of our Dustdevil131 aka Rob Davis.

Lest we forget those that laid down their lives so that we could have the right to the vote and free speech as we enjoy on EMT City daily.

and WW 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t7WFprdSIc&feature=related

Edited by tniuqs

Also pray that the evil muslims in the world do not do anything stupid today.

I strongly suggest you leave this thread alone and keep it respectful.

It's time to raise a glass in honour of those who gave more of themselves than any of us had the right to ask of them. Thank-you to all who choose to serve past, present, and future so that the rest of us may live in relative abundance. At the very least they deserve our respect on the one day a year set aside for that very purpose.

• Like 2

Kokanee_Glacier_Beer.jpgThis one's for you Rob. GBNF.

Also pray that the evil muslims in the world do not do anything stupid today.

This has nothing to do with Rob,nonetheless not all muslims are evil. Maybe you should take your medication,and not post such disrespect.

• Like 1

I deleted Flamings post and have asked Admin to consider banning him.

I'm beginning to believe that he and HLPPs are the same person. I'm not sure of that, but what I am sure of is that not only does he appear incapable of bringing anything positive to the board, but he seems truly motivated to be harmful whenever possible.

I'm guessing that most of you know how I feel about banning people, but there comes a time when you just have to admit, at least I do to myself, that the pain and disruption is what's important to some, not growth.

Just to be clear. My new admin status gives me the right to delete spam and such without consulting Admin. I may well have over stepped my bounds by deleting his post. And whether or not he's banned is strictly an Admin decision. Admin has created a pretty amazing environment here, I'll accept either decision without complaint.

Dwayne

• Like 2

I think I am glad I didnt see flaming's post.

Thank you to the Veterans and active military that have fought and contnue to fight for freedom and whats right in this world. Because of thier sacrifices...flaming has the right to be a flaming idiot that spews derision, hatred and utter nonsense at times.

I love this poem and I hope that you all enjoy it as well.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow

Between the crosses, row on row,

That mark our place; and in the sky

The larks, still bravely singing, fly

Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago

We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,

Loved and were loved, and now we lie

In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:

To you from failing hands we throw

The torch; be yours to hold it high.

If ye break faith with us who die

We shall not sleep, though poppies grow

In Flanders fields.

by John McCrae, May 1915

Edited by Nypaemt39

Dwayne: Ah water off a ducks back mate, just remember that without those that fought for our rights and our freedom's no one could voice their opinion's without fear of serious imprisonment or worse.

basejump I took your advice and I toasted a few last night myself and curiously enough my head hurts, off to find my suit and my poppy one can't me late to the ceremonies in my little town.

Nypaemt39 .. that was the first poem I ever memorized.

I deleted Flamings post and have asked Admin to consider banning him.

I'm beginning to believe that he and HLPPs are the same person. I'm not sure of that, but what I am sure of is that not only does he appear incapable of bringing anything positive to the board, but he seems truly motivated to be harmful whenever possible.

I'm guessing that most of you know how I feel about banning people, but there comes a time when you just have to admit, at least I do to myself, that the pain and disruption is what's important to some, not growth.

Just to be clear. My new admin status gives me the right to delete spam and such without consulting Admin. I may well have over stepped my bounds by deleting his post. And whether or not he's banned is strictly an Admin decision. Admin has created a pretty amazing environment here, I'll accept either decision without complaint.

Dwayne

The balance between freedom of speech and decency is an interesting concept and creates a delicate dichotomy of expression.

Each of us has to understand that this is not a “public forum” like a street corner. It is a forum that we apply for membership and maintain membership by good behavior and constructive participation in the discussions.

It is a forum where we recognize the value of the other members opinions and assume that all members participate with a will share knowledge. This environment has not come into existence by chance. It has been carefully constructed by evaluating each of the posters and molding and moderating the way we say things. Discrimination based on religion, ethnicity, social status, culture or education should not be tolerated.

That is why I like the forum. I even enjoy the opinions that I disagree with but despise hate speech whose only intent is to offend or cause pain.

Flaming on occasion adds value to a discussion simply by being so stubborn and off the wall, other times his speech offends. We all have to conform to stay and play.

• Like 1

My husband's unit. The IaDrang valley boys are referred to as the 1st shift. My husband was in the 2nd. They had the AnLoa Valley and Tet in Hue.

The theme song is his ring tone.

Garry Owen!