Corruption in EMS

RockDoc

It looks like the axe is finally gonna fall in Houston on all the fraud and corruption in the private EMS industry. The only way one could understand it is to be from the Houston area. It is massive fraud and only the tip of the iceberg has been uncovered so far...

For some interesting reading---Google----"Houston chronicle ambulance investigation" This will blow your mind..

Rock,

I used to work for Cypress Creek EMS. I have seen all of the "ambulance services" there when i was working. I had no idea what it was like though until i read the article i was emailed through EMS1. Crazyness down there.

And it is not only ambulance services, it is the "clinics" and "Nursing homes" that are nothing more than a house in a residential area that someone decided they would house people or offer "therapeutic" day treatments of junk food and tv watching for psych patients or "delayed development" patients.

After reading these articles its no wonder my flight service has such a hard time collecting form medicare...

Race

Fraud is the norm for all the privates in the chicago land area as well. It's pretty sick

You know man, we all get that you have your deep seated Liberal hatred of the privates, but if you want to be taken seriously you should really make some effort to support these types of statements.

Dwayne

he was refering to the liberal, as in wide spread common hatred for private companies in EMS ...

Race

• Like 1

What do the liberals have to do with it? Is there a political twist to this?

Comment comes not only from this post but his previous posts of seeming to believe that anything not owned by the government to be evil and corrupt.

Didn't mean to take the thread down a rabbit trail. Was only trying to make the point that he'd been heard before regarding his beliefs secondary to his political leanings and didn't need to attempt to do so again here.

My apologies for the distraction...

Dwayne

There are those who hold belief that unions are the only way to go, others who believe that the unions are the devil incarnate. By the same token, there are those who, because it IS the government, believe everything from town, state/province, and national governments, and those in the various "Militias" who reject what the government says, BECAUSE it's the government saying it.

I also mention there's a former colleague of mine, actually then an officer of my union, who reported (pre FDNY merger) NYC Health and Hospitals Corporation EMS's inadvertant fraud, and, as the government gives a proportional reward to the whistleblower, in relation to the size of the fraud, he was able to retire on several million dollars governmental award monies. NYC HHC EMS changed a bunch of policies following that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.