How are we any different than Iran ?

flamingemt2011

Everyone was all in an uproar last week when it was discovered that Iran had created an assasination plot to kill some of their "perceived enemies" on foreign soil.

This week we assasinate Kadafi (our enemy) on foreign soil, and we are celebrating. You can argue that no US person actually pulled the trigger, but it was our drones and intel that located him, the same as it was not going to be an Iranian solder that pulled the trigger or set off the bombs.

I wonder, WWJD ?

Really?

This whole mess is because of Jesus and his ilk...

God destroyed whole civilizations in a fit or rage, and ultimately the entire world right? I would think that these situations are walking down the exact path lay by religion...

Dwayne

• Like 1

I agree with you Dwayne, not sure how anyone can believe in Jesus, but I would say that it was not religion that caused this, but it was instead man's interpretation of their religion. All religions (except Mormons, Scientologists, and Amish) have a fringe element that hijack their religion.

I agree with you Dwayne, not sure how anyone can believe in Jesus, but I would say that it was not religion that caused this, but it was instead man's interpretation of their religion. All religions (except Mormons, Scientologists, and Amish) have a fringe element that hijack their religion.

I cannot speak on the Scientologists....but the Mormons and Amish both have fringe groups...do you know how many different Mormon branches there are? All the splits which have occurred including the hostilities and violence accompanied with those splits??

The Amish have just as many sects with different practices and beliefs...

No, I am not aware of the fringe groups, but you are obviously more intelligent on the topic than I. But to the poster's question, I think he was trying to say that "morally" the execution was wrong, and he used his moral compass as his guide. Whether you believe in Buddha, Jesus ,or Muhammed, I think all of those religions preach against murder.

• Like 1

They preach against murder, unless you speak against the church, diagree with your parents, have premarital sex, committ adultery or are an infidel. Otherwise they are pretty peaceful.

The innate human condition preaches against murder...it is a human thing which pre-dated religion despite their proclamations to the contrary.

As for his vague comment "that everyone was in an uproar" I am not sure to what specifically he is referencing. Were we upset, sure we were. Did we make the statement that we would never do such a thing...not at all.

OK, I should not have put religion in the topic, but generally, assasination is wrong, yes or no ?

Nope, all depends on the context...this is where we start getting into the greater good and the needs of the many versus the few, etc, etc....there is no black and white with these questions.

I mean god assassinated his son after all for the same reasons...so the precedent has been set, no?