Patient Advocate

medicgirl05

We cover the entire county I live in. And we have one unit that is dedicated to bariatric equipment and patients. There are no other services in the area. So the sum total of that rig to purchase and outfit was in excess of 300k. And we use it every day. It has more than paid for itself in the 3 years it's been in service.

I've got experience in moving a patient who's weight fluctuated from 1,020 pounds down to 860 pounds and then ballooned (no pun intended) to 1,685 pounds. I was part of moving this patient at least 120 times. Do you REALLY want to compare records here? I've also helped with patients who have ranged from 350 pounds to 800 pounds.

I'm 46 years old nd currently have more than 27 years of experience in Fire/EMS ( 15 years in the Fire service and 12 in EMS) under my belt. I've also worked in Metro Detroit. I've pulled as many as 38 calls in a 24 hour period.

Granted, I'm just moving into the ALS world, but that negates neither my experience or my credentials.

One must ask though.....if you're willing to misrepresent something as trivial as your age; what else have you misrepresented here?

I To both of you, neither answered my question, how many bariatric stretchers/vehicles does your service have ?

I work for a division of AMR.. We are professional and committed. Our division has 15 ambulances active - 3 CCT rigs of which 1 is a bariatric rig - the other is specialized for pediatrics. So far, this has been sufficient to transport our morbidly obese safely.