Raw Beet Juice

DFIB

Recently after drinking a large glass of raw beet juice I began to feel a little dizzy, with numbness in my lips.

I can't seem to find a reason these symptoms. Could it be a drop in BP or is there some substance in beets that makes me loopy?

I have heard of people having sincopal episodes after drinking consentrated beet juice.

Any ideas or knowledge you could share?

1. Where do you buy beet juice ?

2. Why would you buy beet juice ?

It is probably a mild allergic reaction, I get that tingly feeling when i eat alot of strawberries. I dont break out, but I can feel when I have had too many. A large glass of beet juice may be just enough to give you those warning signals.

I'm going with coincidental coinciding acid flashback...Where were you exactly during the 60s -80s?

Had nothing to do with the beet juice..That's my professional opinion..

I've never heard of that and I'm guessing that you've already googled the hell out of it, so I'm not going to waste my time...but no man...I've got nothing....well, except the more likely explanation above..

Dwayne

1. Where do you buy beet juice ?

2. Why would you buy beet juice ?

Drinking Beet juice is something that left coasters do along with their granola & crunchberries.

Kinda like folks down south eating fried pigs asshole and calling it chitterlins.

Folks in Mexico drink lots of fresh vegetable juice. There are fresh juice stands everywhere. They make all kinds of combinations, carrot, orange, alfalfa, beets etc... you get the picture. They have chitlin stands also. Chitlins are a Sunday delicacy. I pass on the chitlins.

Beet juice is high in iron and doesn’t taste as good as most other fresh vegetable juice but looks like fresh ground placenta will make you think you have dysentery the next morning.

I guess I will pass on the red stuff next time.

I get that tingly feeling when i eat alot of strawberries. I dont break out, but I can feel when I have had too many.

Oh? Do your strawberries come in glass bottles?

I prefer black ones myself, berries that is... Blackberries... in the liquid form, in glass. Don't stop till it feels like I've had too many, good with 7up too.

In herbal medicine, Beets are thought to be a blood cleanser. That said, they can also mess with daily function, unless you work your way up to consuming large quantities of fresh, uncooked, juiced beets. Lowers the BP - may been good for HTN, laxative effect - constipation relief, supposed to help with Gallbladder issues too. I get GB attacks, and other than like breaking two Vicodin in half, or cutting the damn thing out, nothing helps w/ that. So, I suppose herbal folks represent beet juice like a cure all - but not really a cure. Preventative measure, perhaps? Like a tonic of health, spirits of etc., from a medicine show.

Niacin Flush maybe? Beets are very high in Niacin. I'll bet you got a niacin flush.

Very interesting. Possibly a mild flush. I have overdone niacin before and it was very different? I thought i was going into anaphylaxis. Scared the crap out of me.

Is that the hot, heart-pounding, dizzy feeling that may accompany Five Hour Energy? That's what I get anyway, shortly before having a near anxiety attack from it; then the extreme lethargy that follows.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.