Whats Your Favorite Snack While On-Duty

hatelilpeepees

What do you guys eat ?
Stuff that everyone knows is bad for us to eat, in abundance. When I was fieldside, I started packling lunch, and eating whenever I had the chance near "mealtime".

The "sniffer" that tells the dispatcher there's food in the cab works quite well on PBJ sandwiches.

Usually in the summer months we try to keep some gatorade in the truck for hydration, especially lately with all the fire standbys we have been going to. It is pretty funny that here we try to find snacks that no one else will eat. Mostly if you keep fruit or yogurt you are in the clear, but if you keep cookies or something yummy everyone else will help themselves.

vienna sausages, brie, and some red wine

Alcohol while on duty was always relaxing. I miss the days of smoking the pt's pot with them while we were transporting to the hospital. Luckily there was a 7-11 next to the hospital and we'd raid the Twinkie aisle on the way back from the hospital.

• Like 1

But its ok for half of our workforce to be taking Lortab or be zoned out on antidepressants. It would take a whole lot of wine to put someone over the edge.

How do you define "a whole lot of"?

Or what do you mean with wine? `Cause the wine I know, doesn`t fit into the statement above...