Chicago Fire

crotchitymedic1986

Heh Ruffster, I was laughing with Babs about that. As I'm white I don't really get an opinion at all.

How is it that whites know nothing about the black experience, but blacks know exactly what it is to be white? (Again, generalizing from the small/vocal subset of radicals)

Crotchity, the 20% of the fire dept that is black...who's dick did they have to suck, who's lawn did they mow, who's car did they wax to get those positions?

As you claim that it is impossible for them to have done so with talent and hard work, how did they get there?

It just occurs to me that you likely see them as traitors, don't you? Serious question. I'd be willing to bet that you are angry at them for their success as it further weakens your argument. Though of course, I'm thinking out loud as I know there is no chance that you, for all of your self righteousness bluster would ever answer such a question honestly.

I believe the reason you get the responses that you get here, the lack of meaningful dialog, (with you, as I believe that there is much around you) is that you are so racially biased as to be unable to EVER see an option for a black man's failure other than the white mans repression.

I just came off of working the BP oil spill in LA. I'm willing to bet that more than 80% of the supervisors I worked for, or near, were black. Many of them BP representatives.

Try addressing some of the hard questions man, and addressing them like an intelligent adult instead of a petulant child and I'm willing to bet you will see a completely different opportunity to make your points. I'm also willing to bet that you will find that many here come closer to sharing many of your opinions than you think.

I mean, come on, one of your arguments is that I'm racist because Chris Rock says so? A fabulously successful black man with the opinion that a black man can't succeed? The hypocrisy is stunning.

When you live in a world of absolutes you actually live in a world of lies. There are very few absolutes. Have blacks been repressed by whites? Sure, but so have the Irish, Chinese, Japanese, French Canadians, women, the poor, yadda, yadda, yadda....but many, if not most, of their grandest strides have been made with their white brothers and sisters at their side.

Suck it up princess and get real...then maybe you can do some good instead of just spewing tired, ignorant, 60 year old sewage over those that used to value your opinion.

Dwayne

Dwayne

Edited by DwayneEMTP

Dwayne, It's not who's dick did they suck but how many did they suck. Just thinking out loud.

I spent some time in a small company working on their computer system over the early part of the summer where I was one of only 15 or so white people employed at this company. they have 50 employees not counting the honky's.

Everyone there is my supervisor. It's a manufacturing company so half the jobs are menially skilled labor such as turn the cap here and twist real tight then do it again.

5 of the employees are graduates of engineer colleges with 4 year degrees in engineering. 4 of the 5 of these guys/gals are black.

and then there are 9 management/ 3 owners.

I talked to some of them about racism and several said something to this effect.

Loosely quoting "If those who are promoting the racism argument would just shut up and try to get along and listen to the other side, this country would get past the N word and racism faster than you can imagine"

another said that those who promote the race card simply do not speak for the black man. they speak for themselves in promoting their agenda. They even went so far as to say that to further accuse every white of racism helps keep the black man down.

They called Sharpton, jackson and many others hypocrites and one even called Sharpton a "fat fucker"

This company was founded on the belief that no matter who you were, what color you were, that you could succeed in the company. They have such a disparity in numbers 50 blacks to 15 whites which is in part to blacks seem to be more willing to do the menial manufacturing than whites, according to one of the managers.

The last hiring process they had, they hired 8 people. 5 black, 2 white and 1 hispanic. The applicant pool was over 500 people(70% Minority). They hired the top applicants. Pay isn't great, about 9.00 per hour for the bottom rung but up to 35.00 per hour for the engineers and the computer system guys. I was doing consulting for them so I was in a different wage tier.

Let's talk about the management group. All Black. All started except the owners in the menial jobs area. Each of them have been with the company for over 10 years, total years of experience of the 9 managers is about 130years. Each of these black managers have proven themselves over and over as people who were smart and able to do the job. They weren't given a test for their jobs but I'm sure that they would ace the chicago fire test or any other test. I don't even think they had to suck anyone's tool contrary to what Dwayne posted (ha ha).

The company is a really good company to work for. So is racism alive and well in this company?

Well Ruff, this is going to stir up some controversy, but by the court's "disparate impact" argument, it absolutely is racist. If it weren't racist, why would only 23% of the employees be white?

I don't agree with that one bit, but that is EXACTLY the argument the Chicago FD people are using, just the "color composition" is reversed.

Well Ruff, this is going to stir up some controversy, but by the court's "disparate impact" argument, it absolutely is racist. If it weren't racist, why would only 23% of the employees be white?

I don't agree with that one bit, but that is EXACTLY the argument the Chicago FD people are using, just the "color composition" is reversed.

I know it's racist. But seriously, do you think that they would go after a company that has 77% black? Do you think that they would go after a black company for disparate hiring, NO FREAKIN WAY.

Edited by Ruffems

I know it's racist. But seriously, do you think that they would go after a company that has 77% black? Do you think that they would go after a black company for disparate hiring, NO FREAKIN WAY.

Actually Ruff, that's not true. A few years ago we had a smaller manufacturing company here that was family run, and had been around for decades- 2nd generation, and always in the same location- a working class area. If I recall, there were less than 100 employees, but most had worked there for years. It was also 100% hispanic. Not big money, but apparently enough to support families- simple assembly line type work- hot in the summer, tedious, and certainly not glamorous.

Well, seems the local poverty pimps decided that this company was not compliant with Affirmative action and hiring rules- there were no blacks employed there. (I honestly cannot recall why this company came to be targeted by the community activists but it may have been a question of the legal status of the employees) A suit was filed with the EEOC, and the owners said they never get black applicants but would be more than happy to hire any that applied. The owner was ordered to be compliant with a certain percentage of the "right" minorities, but he simply could not hire enough blacks to round out the numbers the EEOC mandated- his business volume would not support it.. Long story short- after his legal bills mounted and he could not comply with the EEOC mandate, the owner ended up closing down his business- he could not afford to keep going and keep going to court. So now 100 people were out of jobs because even though his company was 100% minority, it wasn't the "right" minority. The area lost the taxes paid by the business, and hundreds were affected.

I used to have this story bookmarked but I can no longer find it, My hand to God- it is all true.

Thats so messed up herbie.

It boggles my mind that gutless federal governments are so complicit in this pandering to minorities - heaven help us if they actually took after a real issue with the same gusto, we might all live in a better world

Thats so messed up herbie.

It boggles my mind that gutless federal governments are so complicit in this pandering to minorities - heaven help us if they actually took after a real issue with the same gusto, we might all live in a better world

Tell me about it, bushy. I vividly recall reading the story in the paper and I had to read it twice- I thought it was a parody. I also remember thinking this story should have been plastered all over the news, but it never was.

Tell me about it, bushy. I vividly recall reading the story in the paper and I had to read it twice- I thought it was a parody. I also remember thinking this story should have been plastered all over the news, but it never was.

It never made it here because I think i t might have been before Crotchity's time.

I bet you would be hard pressed to find a dozen or so stories of the same thing regarding primarily minority companies not being "black" enough yet I'll bet that if we looked hard enough we could find hundreds of stories just like this turned around and focusing on primarily white companies who the EEOC and a number of other agencies in the federal government coming down on white companies who they deem not "black" enough. The chicago fire is a prime example of a department not being "black" enough.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.