Two things, the first is, we need some context...

Hey all,

Any chance that those of you that post regular, or plan to post regularly, or at all...That you can add your cert level and job status to your description?

It would save a lot of "It sounds like you're a basic, so maybe this is what you're looking for..." or "If you're looking for paramedic level info, then this might be what you're saying.."

Now, I know under the description that it's much more fun to put Tooth Fairy, or Gynecologist. But when there is already so much misunderstanding and loss of tone when presenting ideas in text it seems that there would be much less so if we had additional context to comments.

Also, pasting from by tag line as I don't think that it can be said often enough...

"I fully realize that you are just parroting this from other providers out there so don't take this personal. This "EMS is young" mantra is absolute rubbish. EMS WAS young in the 80's! Now EMS is a full grown adult that must be accountable for itself just like any other profession. Blaming corruption, ignorance, greed, and misdirection on the fact that the profession is "Only" 30yrs+ old is a crutch used by providers and management to continue a cycle of unaccountability and laziness." ~ Mobey"

Dwayne

• Like 1

Cool idea bloke, but if i go sticking my provider level in the tag line, it will misrepresent me to you guys as the vernacular here is different.

I hear ya man, but you see what I mean, right?

We waste a lot of time trying to figure out what someone knows when we could really know that with a glance...

And you can put your occupation in there...just no pictures...no one wants to see a grown man naked...

Dwayne

I hear ya man, but you see what I mean, right?

totally

And you can put your occupation in there...just no pictures...no one wants to see a grown man naked...

yeah, wouldn't want to make you cry, some blokes are more grown than others.

Dwayne

• Like 2

Good idea, EMT-B student here. Just aced Skills testing. I will change ocuppation when I pass NREMT in a couple of weeks.

NREMT scares the poo out of me.

Edited to check spelling (po didn't have the same effect)

Edited by DFIB

What if we don't have a cert level :( and no job to post about :( I feel left out Dwayne :confused:

No way babe, that you get left out! Just something in your tag line or whatever that description is on the left under out pictures so that people have an idea what context to take your post in. Nothing elaborate. I know how to take your posts because I've been reading them forever, though I don't remember what your relationship is to EMS..though I wish I did...

Even just like Dfib, where it says EMT...that would be great..

Hey, and how do you not have a cert level? You're one of the smarter posters at the City!

Dwayne

Stopped EMS back in 2009 after my 4th surgery... figured I couldn't be lifting patients when my shoulder was so bad if I sneezed it would dislocate. And with all of my joint issues probably not the best thing to be doing...although I do play hockey :)

I left EMS at an EMT-I/99 level and am in nursing school now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.