First shift at my new station

PCP

Just kidding bro .. I typically stay at Sproat up island .. and at the Dog and Duck pub I am considered a "local" :beer:

But will PM you if headed out that way fer sur.

Those people that have something to criticize after the call, face to face? I'd listen to them..at least they've got the balls to try and help you to improve.

Best advice of the thread thus far. Do your best not to automatically get your hackles up when someone like that approaches you. The people who would stab you in the back won't say a word. They'll just create an SOCC or Licensing nightmare at their first possible opportunity.

As for the "Fox" shift, the sooner it dies the better for all of us.

As for the "Fox" shift, the sooner it dies the better for all of us.

While I would rather be on F than K, I agree. I am very (very very) new to this game, but I honestly can't understand how the union has allowed the F shift to exist. If you're required to be at the station and in uniform, shouldn't you be paid your full rate?

Kilo shifts are mostly in the remote stations and I believe the Kilo shifts started when most of the people that worked in the remote stations lived in town so they could carry the pager while at home or doing their regular business. Now any new hire usually starts in a remote station that requires them to travel. I agree and most of us in BCAS agree that we should be paid a regular wage while at the station as well as if you are carrying a pager it should be more than 2 bucks an hour!

A way for BCAS to not pay for:

1- Same scene, Same pay.

2- A means to keep more accountants employed, in a top heavy beurocracy.

3- Make my head implode.

4-A reason to have CUPE argue needlessly over penny's.

4- All of the above.

Hey look what crawled out from underneath a rock ... LOL !

Foxtrot Shift: Required to be at the station and in uniform. Paid $10/hr while not called out. Minimum 3 hrs regular pay for every call.

Kilo Shift: Must be able to respond to the station ready to go within 10 minutes or so of being paged out. Paid $2/hr to carry pager. Minimum 4 hrs regular pay for every call.

Foxtrot Shift: Required to be at the station and in uniform. Paid $10/hr while not called out. Minimum 3 hrs regular pay for every call.

Kilo Shift: Must be able to respond to the station ready to go within 10 minutes or so of being paged out. Paid $2/hr to carry pager. Minimum 4 hrs regular pay for every call.

I work with a lady who lives half an hour from the North end of town where the Kilo car is located. It takes her half hour to arrive at the station or just over. Not a big deal as it is our transfer car!

Squint in order to pay for your camping fee's you have to actually make it to the west coast, I think PCP will know the differnce between Safeway salmon and dungeness lol.

My son was here for a week and this is what he is leaving with:

150 lbs of halibut

50 lbs of salmon

Candied salmon

Smoke salmon

Smoked black cod

and 10 Dungeness crab

Nice haul eh...................................................................................

• Like 1