EMT Student With ADHD

I am sorry, I just do not believe this is a real disease. I do not mean to offend, but I say this because this was not a problem for our grandparents and great grandparents, so something has changed during our generation to make these symptoms occur. I vote it is overstimulation from gadgets, poor diet, and too much sugar. Am I alone in my thinking ? Do we really need a pill to make us behave ?

It could be that some of the current diseases re attention span were treated by our grandparents by calling it misbehaving, and treating by spankings (or in a few cases, by beatings). I have a feeling somewhere, there's a name for hiccuping on the first sip of soda, which I do. Minor annoyance on my part, but it happens.

Speak harshly to your little boy, and beat him when he sneezes.

He only does it to annoy, because he knows it teases.

Lewis Carrol, in either "Alice in Wonderland", or "Thru the Looking Glass"

I am sorry, I just do not believe this is a real disease.

Good since it is not a disease at all!

I do not mean to offend, but I say this because this was not a problem for our grandparents and great grandparents, so something has changed during our generation to make these symptoms occur.

Don't worry it is hard to offend us! You are however doing a good job of showing your ignorance.

ADD/ADHD has been a medical diagnosis since the 1930's.

That point aside, how the hell can you say it was not a problem in the past? Were you there?

WAS it a perhaps a problem that was swept under the carpet?

AIDS was not internationally recognized as a true diagnosis until the early 80's, do you really think that was the first case?

I vote it is overstimulation from gadgets, poor diet, and too much sugar. Am I alone in my thinking ? Do we really need a pill to make us behave ?

No... ADHD is not "overstimulation", your thinking of cocaine. It is not poor diet or high sugar either, we call that diabetes.

Get a clue

You want to have a discussion about how our diet and media influence mankind, I am all for it (just ask me about growth hormones in meat).

But you ma'am do NOT get to discredit or minimize a true medical diagnosis that makes life extremely difficult for hundreds of thounsands of people in an attempt to feed your own complex.

Edited by mobey
  • Like 1

(just ask me about growth hormones in meat).

Are there growth hormones in meat ?

cheers