Finally, A City that is moving in the right direction.......

crotchitymedic1986

I don't know if EMS is racist or not. I do know that I really don't give a shit what race a paramedic or EMT is so long as they're competent, dedicated to patient care, and capable of doing the job--those are the only things I look at, and the only things any of us should be looking at.

I can pray that EMS will learn from this example and stop being such a racist industry

That article, as with most of your posted articles and opinions shows that you are a hypocrite, that the elitist blacks in DC are bigots, and that the tests are skewed towards blacks.

What other possible explanation could there be?

Nothing new to see here folks...

Dwayne

Edit. Though I think that your above post is bullshit, as are most of your posts and opinions, none of your negative ratings has come from me. Just sayin'.

Edited by DwayneEMTP
  • Like 4

I don't know if EMS is racist or not. I do know that I really don't give a shit what race a paramedic or EMT is so long as they're competent, dedicated to patient care, and capable of doing the job--those are the only things I look at, and the only things any of us should be looking at.

Next time you go to work, count how many black supervisors you have.

How about a couple more honest questions, such as:

What is the racial make up of your area?

What special provisions, exemptions, and set asides have been made in your area to accommodate blacks to get a job or a promotion?

Then, the ultimate question:

How many of those black supervisors made it to their positions WITHOUT any special treatment? In other words, how many are actually qualified for, and/or actually earned those positions?

I have plenty of black supervisors in my area, and the vast majority have been the recipients of separate standards to get their initial jobs as well as getting special considerations for any promotions they received. Would they have attained their status/rank/success without that extra help?

There was one notable exception in my case. I worked for a guy(he was more like a mentor) who busted his arse, studied for every promotion, and outscored nearly every other person- black, white, or green. I learned more from this man than from any teacher I ever had. He earned an MBA on his own time- for his own edification, and is one of the smartest men I know. Personable, honest, quick witted, shrewd, a hard worker, and had more integrity than anyone I know. Sadly, because of all the BS he endured- not being with "the poor me, I'm a black man club" , or the arse kissing politician type, he quickly tired of the game and retired as early as he could- with a nice 6 figure pension. He rose quickly through the ranks and should have been the top dog, but would not sell out his soul. Damn shame and a huge loss for us-he was a quality guy all the way around, and now he is enjoying life, playing golf and traveling as much as humanly possible.

This may be hard for you to comprehend, but it's not about quantity, it's about quality.

Get off the pity pot. As a black man, you have opportunities afforded to you for no reason other than your skin color. Given your constant bleatings of the evils of racism here, that makes you the poster child for hypocrisy.

Seems to me from reading the article when white FF get promoted the black ones sue and vise versa. Sounds like a pretty Fed up system if you ask me and not one that should be a model.

As for the comment about how many black supervisors... ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS???? What the hell does that prove? Say a persons service has few if any people of non white decent then their would be few if any in a supervisory role.

Honestly I usually stay out of these threads because they just nausiate me to know end because no matter what is said it gets spun to sound Fed up.

How about this GROW THE F UP, GET OVER IT, AND MOVE ON.

• Like 1

Currently there are no supervisors of color, or crew, But then there are probably less than a dozen residents of color in our entire town.

I happen to live in the second whitest state in the nation. The majority of "citizens of color here are recent haitian or somalian immigrants who escaped from their shithole countries.

Back when I worked in a big city system the staff ratio was about evenly mixed at all levels. Several of the top dogs were black or hispanic, about the same mix as the field providers. What was obvious was that women were severely discriminated against when it came to promotions , didn't matter what color their skin was.

So get off your pity pot and grow up!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.