Patients, Guns, and EMS

Just to re-touch on this, one month later. Remember Rep. Giffords who was shot at a Parking Lot. The guy who shot her, has been ruled by the Judge that he is unfit to stand trial. What?!? He was fit to buy the guns. He was fit to attend College. This is just one of the reasons, we need Gun Regulation...

http://mobile.nytimes.com/article;jsessionid=266FE236F3E675D0FBBA5E3A10C8CBDC.w5?a=794268&f=19

And mental illness can't manifest itself after purchases were made? It might be necessary for you to rethink your logic here.

On scene: PD takes control of it if they're there.

If there is no PD, or it's discovered en route: Clear it, and secure it. It will be released to a LEO only. No hospital security, no family, only a LEO.

This, of course, is assuming the pt is unconscious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And mental illness can't manifest itself after purchases were made? It might be necessary for you to rethink your logic here.

Like the apologetic person who was caught doing something they shouldn't have. Seen Chris Hanson and Dateline NBC "To Catch a Predator"? All those guys were very sorry but weren't sorry when that chatted online about sex with minors and came to the decoy's home to have sex with a minor... That is the point. Many of the people who stand trial for crimes where sentences are harsh, insanity seems to be the defense... Of course this is all conjecture...

http://www.wtae.com/news/28033937/detail.html#ixzz1NTjwBTdg

This seems to fit perfect with the topic heading.... Why did the EMS Crew break in? In NYC, NYPD or FDNY (Fire) does that... We (EMS) stand back and let the heroes break out the hammer... I think in the picture the news has shows a key in the lock with the door damage. They reported that the Apartment Manager was there. So, why are they busting in? Didn't the Manager have a key? The EMS Crew was given by Dispatch to gain entry with force. I guess you can have a gun legally and be hearing impaired. I know in NYS, all firearms must be stored in a locked safe and unloaded. Having it under the pillow is a fine in NYS... Glad to see everyone is alright... Of course this is all conjecture...

Like the apologetic person who was caught doing something they shouldn't have. Seen Chris Hanson and Dateline NBC "To Catch a Predator"? All those guys were very sorry but weren't sorry when that chatted online about sex with minors and came to the decoy's home to have sex with a minor... That is the point. Many of the people who stand trial for crimes where sentences are harsh, insanity seems to be the defense... Of course this is all conjecture...

Apples and oranges. In fact, that's a pathetic attempt at a comparison between Loughner being found mentally unfit for trial, the potential for the onset of mental illness after a purchase had been made and gun control.

http://www.wtae.com/news/28033937/detail.html#ixzz1NTjwBTdg

This seems to fit perfect with the topic heading.... Why did the EMS Crew break in? In NYC, NYPD or FDNY (Fire) does that... We (EMS) stand back and let the heroes break out the hammer... I think in the picture the news has shows a key in the lock with the door damage. They reported that the Apartment Manager was there. So, why are they busting in? Didn't the Manager have a key? The EMS Crew was given by Dispatch to gain entry with force. I guess you can have a gun legally and be hearing impaired. I know in NYS, all firearms must be stored in a locked safe and unloaded. Having it under the pillow is a fine in NYS... Glad to see everyone is alright... Of course this is all conjecture...

First, this didn't take place in NYS or NYC, did it? None of your over-ego-ed heroes to kick in doors were around to help.

Second, you can do many things legally and still be hearing impaired.

Lastly, if it's all conjecture, and you're unsure of actual facts or events, then why are you staking your argument on something that you freely admit is uncertain or factually incorrect/incomplete? Are you looking for people to kick you when you're down?

FDNY EMS, when someone makes the determination that forced entry is needed, will call on the NYPD's Emergency Services, or the nearest Engine company, whichever has a quicker response time, to effect the forced entry. FYI, I have had several cases where after either has been attacking a locked apartment door with a 10 pound sledgehammer for 5 minutes, and all the neighbors on that floor, and others, come out to see what the racket is all about, and when we get in, we have a really sleepy "patient" asking WTF is happening. 7 out of 10 doesn't want to go with the EMS crew, either.

I know in NYS, all firearms must be stored in a locked safe and unloaded. Having it under the pillow is a fine in NYS... Glad to see everyone is alright... Of course this is all conjecture...

Source? Because I'm not finding the "by law, guns must be locked up" bit in the NYS penal code.

http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article265.htm

http://www.click2houston.com/news/24092915/detail.html

I guess this 15 and 12 year old should have just called the police and prayed to God that the burglars didn't want to do anything to them, right? After all, who in their right mind would teach their children to safely operate an evil black rifle?

Just to re-touch on this, one month later. Remember Rep. Giffords who was shot at a Parking Lot. The guy who shot her, has been ruled by the Judge that he is unfit to stand trial. What?!? He was fit to buy the guns. He was fit to attend College. This is just one of the reasons, we need Gun Regulation...

http://mobile.nytimes.com/article;jsessionid=266FE236F3E675D0FBBA5E3A10C8CBDC.w5?a=794268&f=19

Last time I looked, I didn't see anything requiring a mental health check in order to attend college. This means that even stupid people can attend college....

You have rallied against at least the first and second amendments ....want to move on to the third and fourth? Are you going to do this with each and every one of them? If so, how about just cut to the chase and do them all at once?

Since you seem to have such a huge problem with the U.S. constitution and it's Bill of Rights, may I suggest that you locate your nearest national borders and then use your freedom of choice to step across one of them?

Apples and oranges. In fact, that's a pathetic attempt at a comparison between Loughner being found mentally unfit for trial, the potential for the onset of mental illness after a purchase had been made and gun control.

First, this didn't take place in NYS or NYC, did it? None of your over-ego-ed heroes to kick in doors were around to help.

Second, you can do many things legally and still be hearing impaired.

Lastly, if it's all conjecture, and you're unsure of actual facts or events, then why are you staking your argument on something that you freely admit is uncertain or factually incorrect/incomplete? Are you looking for people to kick you when you're down?

I am asking questions on what else could have been done. I wasn't there; I'm not crucifying them. I think I know it wasn't NYC. As I have mentioned in other threads. I am not questioning EMS outside the Hudson Valley and NYC. Since, I have never experienced EMS there. Scene Safety is a SOP in EMS in the US. That was my point. The picture shows a key in the lock and a damaged door due to forced entry. The reporter wrote there was an apartment manager there. These are the "facts" as written in the article. Of course it is third party. I wasn't there. As for hearing impaired; I know that. I was just throwing a little humor. Conjecture is what this is because I wasn't there. I am reflecting what I read. When I'd used LOL, LMAFO, and other abbreviations; some commented about professionalism. This forum wasn't texting on the phone. Stick and stones but you're entitled to your reply. I was sharing this with members of the City and a just added my two cents because when I just leave links without messages; I was insulted. I am damned either way. Lastly, your insults were not warranted. Plus, when I reply I never insult the people on the thread, unless I was insulted first. We are here to share.

Content hasn't been changed. I just added one thing...

Edited by NYCEMS9115

Since you seem to have such a huge problem with the U.S. constitution and it's Bill of Rights, may I suggest that you locate your nearest national borders and then use your freedom of choice to step across one of them?

I hate this line of reasoning. What if he wants to avail himself to Article 5 of the constitution?

I hate this line of reasoning. What if he wants to avail himself to Article 5 of the constitution?

Since the U.S. Supreme Court has already ruled on these issues that he's complaining about, I highly doubt that the U.S. Senate, House of Representatives are going to even ATTEMPT to change them.

The point still remains that if he dislikes the freedoms guaranteed by the U.S. constitution and the subsequent Bill of Rights, then he is free to leave this country which obviously has offended his sensibilities...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.