Respiratory Therapy Class of 2011

chbare

After several weeks of work I am finally finished with our class video. Everybody in my class approved the video for public consumption, so I thought I would share a bit of what I have been doing over the past six semesters. A side note: We all hope to graduate in May.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nJbQZmI33Y

Take care,

chbare.

Edited by chbare
  • Like 1

Man, other than the majority of your class looking like they're a part of the prison release program, I thought it was awesome!!

It made me want to go..I'll tell you that....

Dwayne

Firemedic65 exactly:

Respiratory Therapy is one on the least known of the Health Care Profession's, they are the "Paramedics" IN the Hospital the A part and the B part of ABC. One always hears of the Doctors and the Nurses ... but rarely any other group of dedicated professionals.

WELL DONE CHBARE !

With your permission I will advance this you tube link to my College and Association of Respiratory Therapist's of Alberta, Canada and my old alma mata, the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, RT program. I am most certain they will be most appreciative of your efforts to promote and recruit.

cheers

Edited by tniuqs

Good luck! I didn't know respiratory therapy was that involved.

Thanks, I did not either.

Firemedic65 exactly:

Respiratory Therapy is one on the least known of the Health Care Profession's, they are the "Paramedics" IN the Hospital the A part and the B part of ABC. One always hears of the Doctors and the Nurses ... but rarely any other group of dedicated professionals.

WELL DONE CHBARE !

With your permission I will advance this you tube link to my College and Association of Respiratory Therapist's of Alberta, Canada and my old alma mata, the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, RT program. I am most certain they will be most appreciative of your efforts to promote and recruit.

cheers

Thanks and no problem. When we did storyboards for the video we decided to go with a flashy, somewhat dramatic tone. One of the goals was to make the video immediately appealing with the music and a scene of the students working an arrest. From there, the goal was to highlight just how involved the educational process had been for us. Clearly, we were looking to appeal to prospective students because respiratory therapy like many allied health fields is somewhat unknown, so to have an opportunity to place emphasis on the educational process of a respiratory therapist has been rewarding.

Take care,

chbare.

http://www.respiratorytherapy.net/training/

Unlike Paramedics; RTs programs are only available as a Degree Program (AS, BS, and MS). So, we (EMS) can't compare. We (EMS) need to mirror these Practitioner's Educational Requirements.

Good luck as a RT; prosperous career...

Paramedics should be only available as a Degree Program (AS, BS, and MS).

• Like 1

Thanks, I did not either.

Thanks and no problem. When we did storyboards for the video we decided to go with a flashy, somewhat dramatic tone. One of the goals was to make the video immediately appealing with the music and a scene of the students working an arrest. From there, the goal was to highlight just how involved the educational process had been for us. Clearly, we were looking to appeal to prospective students because respiratory therapy like many allied health fields is somewhat unknown, so to have an opportunity to place emphasis on the educational process of a respiratory therapist has been rewarding.

Take care,

chbare.