hipa question

emtcutie

Good for you. Sounds like you are doing everything you can do, given the circumstances.

Good luck.

thanks so much, it means alot.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with everyone's posts regarding this sensitive issue - one other avenue to look at is the simple actuality that you are a "mandated reporter". Keeping it within the healthcare setting by forwarding your observations (visual and audio) to the proper command at the home should suffice. You've done what you can in pitching it to the person "in charge" of his ongoing care - after that, the hard part sets in...and you need to have faith in that system and step aside.

Good for you in being caring enough to be involved.

So at this point I will just try or make frequent visits, and try and just listen, because you guys may be right in that that is what he needs.

Well you don't need any advice from me .. you are making a difference.

Failure to thrive, it happens. Doesn't sound like a direct or indirect violation of anything. Sounds like you're just being a good friend.

Failure to thrive, it happens. Doesn't sound like a direct or indirect violation of anything. Sounds like you're just being a good friend.

Ditto...and all that you really should be right now, unless you're reading something into this that we can't see/hear.

You are there as a friend, family member, not as a medical professional. You have no legal obligations that I am aware of.

And you know what Babe? Sometiemes...people are ready to die...and it's hardest, though best, to let them do so...But not in a million years will I admit to allowing anyone, but some of my family members, do so.

When exactly is it right, and how do we know?

I have no idea....

Dwayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.