EMTCity contest?

DwayneEMTP

Hey all!

I got the letter found here, http://www.emtcity.c...ibal-hollywood/ , from Tribal Hollywood secondary to the thread I started here about how I feel about their product. They sent the cool letter along with a necklace for me and 5 of my EMS friends that I thought deserving! First rate, right?

This is it, http://www.tribalhol...tail.bok?no=173, and , http://www.tribalhol...=652&cat=Chains , it looks like a $50 dollar value or so each! I had no idea that they might do such a thing when I posted, nor did I contact them and brag on myself, the letter and jewelry was the first that I'd had any idea that they even knew that we were here. And though I'm guessing that they would most likely expect that I would be a pig and keep them for my own purposes I think it's cooler than hell that they did this and I want to keep the positive energy moving forward and hand these out as they were intended.

I had one of my favorite people in the world (Birchy from Australia) tell me once, "Have you ever noticed how gifts seem to bring good luck? You can't really buy your own good luck charms." And man, I agree with that so much. So, as these were gifts to me/us, lets pass that luck forward, yeah?

My question is, in what form? I thought about a contest, writing a paper or such? Or maybe simply have people vote on who is most deserving based on their past forum posts?

I'd thought about an educational paper of the writers choice to be voted on, but then didn't want people to pull up their old papers, as I'm confident that EMS thrives on new information and exploration. Then I thought, what about 5 topics to be chosen by those here and then awarding them based on the educational value of their papers concerning that?

Not sure...I could use some help. All I'm really sure of, as they asked in the letter I really want these to go to folks that have an EMS spirit, and to have them be reminded each time they notice it around their neck that it's there because their peers felt them extraordinary. Know what I mean?

Thanks for you help all!!

Dwayne

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is great. I think it also speaks well of a company to have their finger on the pulse of the folks and recognise customers in such a way. They apparently care about their product and clearly care enough to find out what the folks are saying about their product.

Your idea about recognising exceptional City members is also great. I am somewhat partial to a vote. Perhaps have a 24 or 48 hour nomination period where people can nominate on a thread or maybe by PM. After the nomination period ends, have the folks vote on the nominees. The top five will receive the "prize" so to speak.

My thoughts, and they are certainly not definitive.

Take care,

chbare.

EDIT: What would be kind of neat would be to profile the winners with their permission. Nothing too personal, but something about how long they have been in the field , some of their accomplishments, what they have done to improve EMS and so on. Clearly, we would need to be careful about crossing the privacy and safety lines, but it's just a thought.

Edited by chbare

That is great. I think it also speaks well of a company to have their finger on the pulse of the folks and recognise customers in such a way. They apparently care about their product and clearly care enough to find out what the folks are saying about their product.

Your idea about recognising exceptional City members is also great. I am somewhat partial to a vote. Perhaps have a 24 or 48 hour nomination period where people can nominate on a thread or maybe by PM. After the nomination period ends, have the folks vote on the nominees. The top five will receive the "prize" so to speak.

My thoughts, and they are certainly not definitive.

Take care,

chbare.

EDIT: What would be kind of neat would be to profile the winners with their permission. Nothing too personal, but something about how long they have been in the field , some of their accomplishments, what they have done to improve EMS and so on. Clearly, we would need to be careful about crossing the privacy and safety lines, but it's just a thought.

I like those ideas a lot! And I really, really like the profile idea! Will give it through the weekend for ideas. Thanks for participating chbare, you're a gift.

Wait, for the voting, should there be a list of criteria to vote on? Maybe 5 different? Most helpful, most improved, etc etc?? Hmmmm....

Dwayne

You know Dwyane your a great guy and thats why you were given so many gifts in life. So my personal opinion is that since you recieved these by surprise you should pick 5 people that have touched your heart and surprise them. Good luck in passing it forward......... ^_^

Great idea Dwayne! There are a lot of amazing folks on this forum who deserve to be recognized, and I think passing forward your good fortune is an excellent way to do that. Maybe they can be engraved without too much additional cost? :thumbsup:

Edited by fiznat

I think that is very generous of you. Since you have decided to reward someone from this forum, then I think you should base it on which 5 forums have received the most feedback or participation (the longest forum topic), or maybe you could do a combination:

1. The poster with the longest thread gets one.

2. The poster who has the highest "grade/score" number from their peers on here.

3. Maybe one for the poster who has been active on the site for the longest time (one of the forefathers).

4. Maybe one for whoever has posted the most topics.

5. Maybe one for the best topic posted, but not sure how your would judge it.

I think I'm with the ladies on this one, Dwayne. This was entrusted to you. It might be best for you to evaluate who you think is most deserving.

While there is legitimate consideration to be given to peer reviews, the possibility of a popularity contest becomes very real. Unless you're really interested in reading a bunch of papers... :book:

Dwayne, what a concept. I for one would be interested in helping or providing whatever assistance you need.

Michael

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.