Greetings from North Dakota

swedemedic

Good evening everyone,

Just wanted to say hello - I'm new here and new to EMS. I am a retired police officer - reinventing myself and going into Paramedicine....my second love.

Take care and stay safe everyone. I look forward to meeting many of you!

Kerri

So-o-o-o, not that far off from being a cop then right? :thumbsup:

Someone is going to jump on co2rescue for spelling, just won't be me. However, you'll fit right in when you find yourself telling gory "war stories" in public restaurants without realizing the reactions of the rest of the populus within earshot, both LEO and EMS (Law Enforcement Officers, and Emergency Medical Services) tales from the streets.

FYI, I have family living 70 miles to your north, in Grand Forks, ND.

Hey Kerri, Welcome!

Law enforcement and EMS seem to be a really good mix!

How far along are you in medic school? Getting a cert or a degree?

Jump right in...Like police work EMS is a contact sport, on the streets and in the forums. Don't hesitate to participate!

Dwayne

Oh - been there done that. Had Super Bowl with an Army buddy of mine (medic) - we were talking about war stories, where each of our scars came from (hello Lethal Weapon) - and were totally oblivious to those around us until we stopped and scanned. LMAO - no clue.

Hey Dwayne - thank you....I'm still trying to figure out how they will work the degree as I already have one in LE - hopefully credits will transfer. But my primary goal is training training training. When I was a copper, I was a training junkie - and it served me very well when shit hit the fan.

Always wanted to be a SWAT medic - but not sure of the parameters in this state. I'm a transplant from Minnesota. It was a medic (Army to civilian) who kept me going after a bad shoot - and he is still my hero.

OK Kids - don't make me pull the car over....

• Like 1

OK Kids - don't make me pull the car over....

Well if you have some of those pink fuzzy handcuffs, hey please count me in. :wub:

I have been very bad too. :jump:

cheers ... and Hearty WELCOME from the Republic of Alberta ... ps look up and to the left.

Oh - been there done that. Had Super Bowl with an Army buddy of mine (medic) - we were talking about war stories, where each of our scars came from (hello Lethal Weapon) - and were totally oblivious to those around us until we stopped and scanned. LMAO - no clue.

Hey Dwayne - thank you....I'm still trying to figure out how they will work the degree as I already have one in LE - hopefully credits will transfer. But my primary goal is training training training. When I was a copper, I was a training junkie - and it served me very well when shit hit the fan.

Always wanted to be a SWAT medic - but not sure of the parameters in this state. I'm a transplant from Minnesota. It was a medic (Army to civilian) who kept me going after a bad shoot - and he is still my hero.

Man, it really sounds like you're coming to paramedic medicine to make it better! You're my hero!

Just a suggestion. If you're medic class didn't require college level anatomy and physiology (BIO 201/202) you should take it on your own. It's invaluable as a medic.

Good to have you here brother...

Dwayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.