Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repealed

Eydawn

Homosexuality is a mental disease. As far as the military goes, do women and men who are in the military shower together ? No ? Why not. duh for the obvious reasons. You may enjoy a shower where a homosexual is checking you out, I would not. And if my life is on the line, I do not want someone who is mentally ill beside me.

you really haven't got a clue have you ...

as for mixed showers ... well there's a few tales that could be told ...

the land of the free as long as 'free' is bigoted and sexually repressed it appears ...

• Like 1

Homosexuality is a mental disease. As far as the military goes, do women and men who are in the military shower together ? No ? Why not. duh for the obvious reasons. You may enjoy a shower where a homosexual is checking you out, I would not. And if my life is on the line, I do not want someone who is mentally ill beside me.

As someone who is not homosexual nor homophobic, I could give two shits who is checking me out. If you are so uncomfortable with your own sexuality that you are afraid that one of these big mentally ill queer monsters will make you gay by looking at you? If so, maybe you need to reconsider your own orientation. If you can be changed that easily, maybe you already are gay and are looking for a reason to come out. Either that or make sure you avoid the queer lasers beams they shoot out of their eyes.

Again, provide proof that homosexuality is a mental illness and not just genetic variation such as eye color or hair color.

Edited by ERDoc
  • Like 3

You OBVIOUSLY are not in the military. There are numerous militaries around the world that are fully co-ed and I wouldn't be surprised if the showers are also. If you are sooo worried about one of your troops checking you out in the shower then maybe it is YOU with the mental illness. I would be more concerned about you in the heat of a firefight because your mind is on the gay guys trying to check you out, you would be a danger to me, my soldiers, and the mission. I speak from experience here, when I had the opportunity to take a shower, the absolute last thing in my mind was who was looking at my junk. My concerns were if I was going to take a shower again or if I'd see my family again or if one of my guys OR girls were going to fall the next mission, NOT who was gay and looking at me.

It's funny you seem to think that Homosexualism is a mental illness. If so the HATE is a mental illness. Hate for people who are not bothering you in any way shape or form but yet you still hate them. WELL DUH I guess that makes you as mentally ill as gays!

Well we banged out women and gays, what's next ambulances for whites only and coloreds only????????

Sean

• Like 3

Care to back that up with some scientific evidence or are you just covering up your own homosexual arousal?

It still amazes me that in this day and age this is still an issue. Sexual orientation does not make or break a soldier, how well you can shoot a gun does. Sexual orientation has no effect on a persons ability to shoot. It's funny how the people that are the most against gays serving in the military are the ones that are most boisterous about protecting people's rights and freedoms. Pretty hypocritical. They will fight for your rights and freedoms, as long as it doesn't disagree with their beliefs. Red headed people make me nervous, they shouldn't be allowed to serve either.

Herbie, so are you saying that basic human rights shouldn't be a priority?

Sorry, Doc, but on my list of priorities for this country right now, the issue of gays in the military comes in at around 250 out of 250. I also would NOT consider this a basic human right, as defined by the UN.

I heard a number that said since DADT was initiated, 14,000 soldiers have been discharged because of sexual orientation. Me being the cynic that I am- I wonder how many of those folks who were "outed" were actually gay, and how many were looking for a way out of their service. Whatever. So, let's add up what percentage of the total fighting force this actually comprises? I'd guess it's probably statistically insignificant.

I am not a soldier, so my opinion of this is completely irrelevant. I've seen polls of soldiers giving completely opposite opinions on this issue- depending on who is doing the asking. Whether it's good, bad, or indifferent to the military, is NOW- while we are still actively fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan- really the best time to repeal this? Is even the potential for such a distraction to our soldiers a good idea?

Sorry, Doc, but on my list of priorities for this country right now, the issue of gays in the military comes in at around 250 out of 250. I also would NOT consider this a basic human right, as defined by the UN.

so you support the imposition of arbitrary requirements based on the bigoted ideas of others ?

straight or gay vanilla or kinky makes no difference to combat effectiveness ...

I heard a number that said since DADT was initiated, 14,000 soldiers have been discharged because of sexual orientation. Me being the cynic that I am- I wonder how many of those folks who were "outed" were actually gay, and how many were looking for a way out of their service. Whatever. So, let's add up what percentage of the total fighting force this actually comprises? I'd guess it's probably statistically insignificant.

and how many dedicated and competent soldiers/ sailors/airmen were disciplinary discharged for nothing more than a pathetic excuse?

I am not a soldier, so my opinion of this is completely irrelevant. I've seen polls of soldiers giving completely opposite opinions on this issue- depending on who is doing the asking. Whether it's good, bad, or indifferent to the military, is NOW- while we are still actively fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan- really the best time to repeal this? Is even the potential for such a distraction to our soldiers a good idea?

the only people who are 'distracted' by this issue is people who are gay or bi but won't admit it themselves, it's complete none issue for for people who are secure in their orientation or secure that questioning your orientation is Ok ...

I'm still stumped on the whole distraction thing. I am easily distracted by shiny objects. I am also easily distracted by a man with no shirt who has a great set of washboard abs.... does that mean that I am a menace to society? (I refuse to comment on the troll emtpociet's posts - it would be a waste of my time to expend energy on the garbage that person posts). I am easily distracted by a completely rebuilt 1972 Chev truck, especially if it is red. What is this "distraction" that people are talking about when they talk about gays in the military? Gays are there to do a job, just like straight people. There is no more distraction than having a male soldier check out a female soldier, or vice versa. Soldiers are supposed to be adults and act like adults. This distraction excuse is just that - an excuse.

I'm also stumped by the DADT being a complete discrimination issue, and people thinking that is ok to leave it in place, with no evidence to support it. In the workplace, I can't hire or fire someone based on their sexual orientation. If their actions are contrary to the job that the hold, and puts the project or someone's life or limb in jeopardy, that is a completely different thing. Their ACTIONS made the difference, not their orientation.

Yes Herbie, there are a lot of things in the US that should be on the top 250 list... the economy, employment figures, the US trade deficit, the instability of the US dollar, education, health care..... the list can go on and on. That being said, those people that the citizens of the US voted into power decided that this was something they wanted to work on. You don't agree, voice your opinion to your elected officials, and use your vote to express your displeasure.

• Like 2

That does it. He's a troll. Post reported.... time for you to crawl back under the bridge...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Hate to burst your bubble annie, but there are absolutely no provisions in federal law to protect queers from discrimination. And for good reason I might add, they deserve no protection.

First, thank you Wendy, for reporting this post.... I would have done so if I had seen it before you.

I would like to direct a few comments to emtpociets... You have been on this site for a very few days, and have shown yourself to be completely narrow-minded and uneducable. You have posted here and in other threads, based on opinion only, with no evidence to support your claims. As most here, I don't have a problem being involved in a heated discussion or debate, but your posts do nothing to encourage intelligent debate. Rather, they just show that you have no interest in expanding your knowledge or education, nor researching your current opinions to see if they are valid. As a medical "professional," as your profils says you are an EMT, you should be ashamed of yourself, as you appear to have absolutely no interest in expanding your views or improving your education.

so you support the imposition of arbitrary requirements based on the bigoted ideas of others ?

straight or gay vanilla or kinky makes no difference to combat effectiveness ...

Like I said before, there is a difference of opinion on this depending on which soldier you are asking.

and how many dedicated and competent soldiers/ sailors/airmen were disciplinary discharged for nothing more than a pathetic excuse?

No idea.

the only people who are 'distracted' by this issue is people who are gay or bi but won't admit it themselves, it's complete none issue for for people who are secure in their orientation or secure that questioning your orientation is Ok ...

I call BS here. What about people who object to homosexuality based on their religious beliefs? What about people who are generally concerned that this issue- not necessarily the actual presence of gays in combat- is a distraction? Thanks to the internet and smart phones, many soldiers can be posting on facebook or surfing the web and 30 minutes later be in a firefight with the Taliban. They SEE these things on the news and they become unwitting pawns in the middle of this debate.

Look- this is a personal opinion. But these accusations are a typical left wing response- either you agree with our opinion or you are a racist/bigot/homphobe/xenophobe, etc. That is a logical fallacy and a false choice.