PSA for this holiday season...

croaker260

This is the most powerful PSA for road safety I have seen in years. Please pass it on to EVERYONE you care about this holiday season. Be sure to watch THE WHOLE THING! Why cant we have adds like this in the US?

• Like 2

This is the most powerful PSA for road safety I have seen in years. Please pass it on to EVERYONE you care about this holiday season. Be sure to watch THE WHOLE THING! Why cant we have adds like this in the US?

Holy moses What a incredible ad

The reason why we don't have this type of ad in the US is that drunk driving is not considered to be a bad crime. Just consider all the drunks who walk out of a courtroom with probation or license suspension.

It's getting better in the US but we still have a long way to go.

Plus there is no network that will show this on prime time or even during the day. it would be considered to graphic to show on television.

But we have shows like CSI and Bones that are way worse than this commercial but they are considered drama. The ad shown here is real life.

I for one if I had the money to pay for the ad, I'd pay for it to air during the superbowl but the alcohol companies would quickly fight for it not to be allowed.

Wow.... that one certainly gets the point across...

Unfortunately, drunk driving is dealt with leniently in this area, and a slap on the wrist seems to be the norm, not the exception.

As well, there will always be people who will have one or two or more too many drinks, and still feel that they are competent to drive.

Hopefully, this message will get to the frisnds and family of those people, and they will do their best to take the keys away, offer them a ride, or get them a cab, or a place to sleep so they don't end up on the road, and we don't end up responding to the aftermath.

This PSA goes a long way to educate, educate, educate... and like docharris, I have posted in on FB for more to see.

Thanks croaker for posting this.

Wow.... that one certainly gets the point across...

Unfortunately, drunk driving is dealt with leniently in this area, and a slap on the wrist seems to be the norm, not the exception.

As well, there will always be people who will have one or two or more too many drinks, and still feel that they are competent to drive.

Hopefully, this message will get to the frisnds and family of those people, and they will do their best to take the keys away, offer them a ride, or get them a cab, or a place to sleep so they don't end up on the road, and we don't end up responding to the aftermath.

This PSA goes a long way to educate, educate, educate... and like docharris, I have posted in on FB for more to see.

Thanks croaker for posting this.

Just- wow.

This should be shown at every high school driver's ed class, and I also like the idea of running it during the Super Bowl, and why not the World Series, World Cup, Olympics, and every other major sporting event.

Talk is cheap- people need something graphic like this as a wake up call.

It stinks that too many people in the US are too squeemish for that to air. I agree with the idea of showing it during the Super Bowl and other times like that. I also agree with the idea of having kids see it as part of their driver's education. (Here in Colorado, the state patrol has a program called "Alive at 25" that does show stuff like that. Unfortunately, it's normally only used for kids who have gotten in trouble behind the wheel and not manditory before.)

I'll definately be showing this to my son who's learning to drive right now.

Eh, it would never have an effect here in the US. People are too damn selfish to care about anyone else.

IMHO, I have to disagree. Not ALL "US. People are too damn selfish to care about anyone else". Therefore, I am reposting on my FB page. I am confident it will make a difference. Even if it is just one person.

Thank you for posting!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.