Burger King Ad

OFD11

I don't know about anyone else but the new Burger King advertisement of breakfast sandwiches where they have the patient standing while attached to a LSB and several other interventions done rubs me the wrong way. No self respecting crew would do something like this, we would be fired. I think this ad should be pulled or changed and take EMS out of the equation. Maybe I am just too sensitive but things that show us in a bad light should be protested. Just my humble opinion.

• Like 1

Do you get worked up about every other commercial that parodies a profession or trade in order to sell their products? Does the 7/11 commercial poking fun at the cops/donut stereotype rub you the wrong way? What about the NFL commercial where a bunch of office workers take over the office to watch football since they have to work on the weekend?

• Like 1

I like your attitude, I really do. It would be nice to be presented more in a more professional light.

I'll even go you one better. I think that not only should they pull that commercial but they should remove all programs that show firemen doing all sorts of heroic nonsense. I know you're likely to be offended, but lets be honest. If it's good for EMS to be shown in a more accurate professional light, then certainly the same is good for Fire, right?

Unfortunately, neither is likely to happen in our lifetimes...

Welcome to the City man. Thanks for posting, and don't take the ribbing to seriously.

Dwayne

• Like 1

doesn't bother me...I actually think it's kind of amusing. Don't take yourself so seriously!!

• Like 1

I saw the BK ad, and I basically said, "WTF?"

It was my same reaction to a TV ad for a job finder's on line listing service, showing an EMT riding as a "third", fainting when he looks at a car crash scene from up close.

Since when did we become so thin-skinned that we can't take a little joke? Is anyone really worried the public will think this was an accurate portrayal of what we do?

The old saying is that there is no such thing as bad PR. Personally I think we could use all the exposure we can get.

Sheesh, folks- lighten up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.