Spinal Care

BushyFromOz

So, while getting my rocks off watching NHL clips on youtube i cam across some very awesome and some very frightening shit, including a couple of blokes called Malarchuck and Zednik getting their jugular vein and corotid arteries slit by a skate to the neck..

Anyway, came across this as well

check out 1.18

seriously, not cool......

And seeing as i mentioned them

\/\/\/\/\/

Edited by BushyFromOz

As with most professional sports, these men and women know the potential risks of injury and death. It is still quite regrettable when they do get injured or killed.

However, dropping the patient like that?

I don't follow Hockey. Did the player survive the injury (and then survive the ambulance crew)?

Actually, I don't usually follow televised sports, but the TV was on at my VAC, and my crew and I saw this happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ1iVRRu6w0&NR=1

Wow.. The worst time to tip your stretcher over... in front of a camera. I recall an accident, we had two units on scene, another service had two. They picked someone up, on a board, no straps... and the patient slid off. We had to put the patient on our bench seat, b/c they refused to go with that crew. Never seen anyone actually dropped though.

I have never dropped anyone or even come close. I did have a pt that had tripped getting out of a cab in Vancouver and somehow managed to break both of her collar bones. When the Medic were trying to put her in the ambulance some how the stretcher tipped and down she went. About 3 weeks later she had to be medivaced for infection and when she saw the stretcher she started to cry. It took alot to get her onto the stretcher but we did it and didnt drop her.