goodbye colorado

JTpaintball70

As some of you know I came down to TX for a job interview yesterday. As the interview was rapping up I was given a conditional offer of employment! Now I'm doing my PAT and waiting for the drug text to come back, and waiting for my TX EMT-I cert to come in. Then I'll start work as lead on an ILS 911 truck ! So happy something finally went right :)

Well maybe moving grr... Failed one try at Acadians PAT today. The damn thing is more intense than any PAT I've ever seen for a private service. My HR jumped too high for their liking. The Phys Therapist doing the test told me it most likely was cause my body is dehydrated and exhausted. I'm gonna guzzle water and rest today. Retest is at 1030 tomorrow morning before I leave town.

Just about the way my luck goes...

Well maybe moving grr... Failed one try at Acadians PAT today. The damn thing is more intense than any PAT I've ever seen for a private service. My HR jumped too high for their liking. The Phys Therapist doing the test told me it most likely was cause my body is dehydrated and exhausted. I'm gonna guzzle water and rest today. Retest is at 1030 tomorrow morning before I leave town.

Just about the way my luck goes...

You are in a hot humid area. Often you do not feel thirsty because of it. Drink water avoid sports drinks, sodas, beer, etc.

JT,

First off, congratulations on the 'conditional offer of employment'!

I'm confused though....didn't you just get to CO?

Am I going to have to hunt you down and nail your feet to one place for a while? LOL

Texas is known for it's high temps in the summer (hell, sometimes it's 80º in January!)

Keep hydrated, but obviously stay away from the caffinated and acoholic beverages. (I don't really think I need to tell you why).

Best of luck!

LS

Good luck getting through the tests. I hope that this works out for you.

Having lived in both SE TX and CO, I can tell you that dehydration feels different there than in CO. You don't feel as dehydrated in TX until you get really bad because of the humidity. Make sure to get plenty of water over the day.

As some of you know I came down to TX for a job interview yesterday. As the interview was rapping up I was given a conditional offer of employment! Now I'm doing my PAT and waiting for the drug text to come back, and waiting for my TX EMT-I cert to come in. Then I'll start work as lead on an ILS 911 truck ! So happy something finally went right :)

There are 2 large national girls softball tournaments held in the area where you would be working. Well-conditioned athletes go down from the heat and humidity here. (Almost an entire Canadian team went down.) Their organizations have told us they come here in large part because of the medical support they get from us.