Hello from Colorado

Hi all. Long time lurker, 1st time poster. I figured it was time that I finally posted something up if for no other reason than to annoy Dwayne :-)

Anyway...I suppose this is the "about me" post section. So here goes.

My name is Jason....I live in wonderful Colorado and have been here all my life.

Paramedic x 10 years this October, started as an explorer at 17, fell in love with EMS and haven't looked back.

I am married to the kindest, most understanding, and coolest woman on the face of the earth. We have a 3 y/o daughter who did, in fact, hang the moon.

My off time is spent in one of two places. Wherever my family is or out enjoying all that Colorado has to offer.

Thanks for having me.

JP

(Oh..the username....Billygoatpete is a LONG story and I tried to change it after I entered it but couldn't get it done. So, I guess I'm stuck with it!:-)

Welcome to the City! And annoying Dwayne is fine, all of us do it at one time or other I think.

I just moved to CO a month or so ago actually and just started orientation with a service this week. What part of the state are you in?

Edited by JTpaintball70

JP! Holy shit!

JP was my FI (field instructor) when I came back from Afg and hired on with the service where I now work. Smart, kind, funny as hell! He was kind enough to take me seriously despite my short time in EMS. I've been blessed to come to call him my friend.

There is much I would love to say here, but will wait, as I'm not sure how much he wants to put out to the world, but will try and tell some stories as I can.

I had just about come to believe that medics didn't really try and get smarter and stronger every day, that the thought of having someone to challenge every decision you make in order to make you better, and expect the same in return was a myth, but he's proved me very wrong. I'm not sure that I've ever met anyone, in any profession, that works as hard, every..single...day...to be better and is tireless in doing the same for those around them as JP.

It's my hope that you will all give him a warm welcome. And don't hold our association against him, as he and I couldn't be any different. He's trim, smart, good looking and me...yeah, me, not so much of any of those things. He's worked the 'Knife and Gun club' in Denver so has a ton of stories that he may be pressured into telling.

If we can convince him to participate, and there's no reason he shouldn't as his current gig gives him the time, we will all be the better for it.

Thanks for peeking your head out brother. I look forward to your posts.

(I talked to Babs the other day about coming to visit, and she's up for it. But I'll need to school her a bit as she can be hard to get along with and socially inappropriate, so I don't want her to embarrass me...Just sayin')

Dwayne

Edited to correct a typo. No contextual changes made.

Edited by DwayneEMTP

(I talked to Babs the other day about coming to visit, and she's up for it. But I'll need to go to school her for a bit as she I can be hard to get along with and socially inappropriate, so I don't want her to embarrass me myself...Just sayin')

Dwayne

Sorry Dwayne, I had to edit your post to make it more correct.

Welcome to the city, Jason. This is a great place - great people, great resources, great laughs.... and just like any family, some branches have their share of fruits and nuts.... hope to see you post more soon!

• Like 1

Welcome from another Coloradoan!! :) Good to see you around. If Dwayne says you're ok, you must be! :-)

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Thank you all for the kind welcome...

Dwayne,

Seriously man, thanks. You are way too kind.

Tell Babs I ate my breakfast in my underwear this morning while standing in front of the kitchen window staring aimlessly at the neighbors strolling by (freaking coffee pot takes FOREVER). As long as she can keep it to about that level of social inappropriateness...we should be good to go:-) Really though, you are welcome anytime.

(Oh..the username....Billygoatpete is a LONG story and I tried to change it after I entered it but couldn't get it done. So, I guess I'm stuck with it!:-)

Hey welcome to the city, If you become a premium member you can change your user name once every 180 days.

Premium membership is only about 20 bucks for a year, the primary feature of premium membership is access to the chat room!

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.