I'm an Empath, but I think many in this field are...

Tammy Lin

It sounds like you can do Aura readings. I had one done years ago, and the guy who took me to the "reader" was upset with me, because I am supposed to have had a better status aura than he did. That is perhaps the wrong wording, but I am talking about an experience/adventure from back in 1968 or so.

I could use something to kill the stress. I can get very agitated when people piss me off. I just bottle it up, and take it out on the next person that pulls the cork out. :shiftyninja:

I too see auras and I am so used to doing it that I don't consciously look for them. I am pretty good at figuring out really fast if a person is sick or not sick.. and I was able to do it from my first day of clinicals. I don't talk about it because it's one of those things that cannot be quantified. I figure we are bombarded with invisible signals every day (radio waves, tv waves, the ultra violent and infrared spectrums, etc, etc. ) that this is just one of those things that is a natural phenomena. I truly distrust those that pretend to be able to rank them, etc. etc.. I think its taking something thats out of the box and trying to shove it into a box, robbing it of its flexibility, power and ultimate usefulness.

I had a perfect example a couple of weeks ago of people looking straight at something and not seeing it because they totally did not expect to see it. After all, it is the brain that interprets the impulses from the optic nerve... and if your brain operates in a rigid frame.. it tosses out the information that does not fit that framework...

just one of my personal and idiosyncratic opinions without any data... throw it out if it doesn't suit you...

stay safe!

...we are bombarded with invisible signals every day (radio waves, tv waves, the ultra violent and infrared spectrums, etc, etc. ) that this is just one of those things that is a natural phenomena.

And that is science.

I agree.

So, just cause you can't see it or touch it doesn't mean it is not there. Sometimes you can't explain things. There are those feelings or hunches that have no rational explanations, and I don't think it is merely wishful thinking. Dwayne, with all the respect I have for you, I have to disagree with you. Actually, emotions and attraction can be measured, with brain activity, pupil reaction, pulse rate, and other obvious reactions.

I agree with Wendy, I think there are paranormal occurances that can't be explained, and that some have senses that others do not.

As a Reiki practitioner, I applaud you for making this post and thank you for the information. I have learned that not all healing is based on exact science and it is a plus to keep an open mind.

And I applaud you for doing what you do. My best friend does Reiki. I totally believe in the laying of the hands process to help heal people or atleast just comfort them in a time of stress and need. I always get picked on by my crew for holding my patients hands and giving them a hug or hand shake before I leave them at the hospital. :)

I don't know about being an "empath" or anything, but I do read people well. I have ADHD and a common trait among ADHD people is hypersensitivity as well as a very strong instinctual/reactive side. Basically, I just notice everything, whether it's completely consciously or not. I am highly compassionate and usually get a good read on what people are feeling and thinking. I can tell if someone is really sick or hurting, how much, if they are lying. Everybody has different people skills, it's just how our brains are wired to interact with the world.

<br>I too see auras and I am so used to doing it that I don't consciously look for them.&nbsp;&nbsp;I am pretty good at figuring out really fast if a person is sick or not sick..&nbsp;&nbsp;and I was able to do it from my first day of clinicals.&nbsp;&nbsp;I don't talk about it because it's one of those things that cannot be quantified.&nbsp;&nbsp;I figure we are bombarded with invisible signals every day (radio waves, tv waves, the ultra violent and infrared spectrums, etc, etc. ) that this is just one of those things that is a natural phenomena.&nbsp;&nbsp;I truly distrust those that pretend to be able to rank them, etc. etc..&nbsp;&nbsp; I think its taking something thats out of the box and trying to shove it into a box, robbing it of its flexibility, power and ultimate usefulness.<br><br>I had a perfect example a couple of weeks ago of people looking straight at something and not seeing it because they totally did not expect to see it.&nbsp;&nbsp;After all, it is the brain that interprets the impulses from the optic nerve...&nbsp;&nbsp; and if your brain operates in a rigid frame..&nbsp;&nbsp;it tosses out the information that does not fit that framework...<br><br>just one of my personal and idiosyncratic opinions without any data...&nbsp;&nbsp;throw it out if it doesn't suit you...&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>stay safe!<br>
<br><br>Holy crap! Perhaps the best explanation that I've ever heard of such beliefs. I like it a lot. Gonna try an find a way to call bullshit on it, but until then, I like it!<br><br>Is this perhaps an example of what you mentioned above? <font face="Tahoma"><a href="
class="bbc_url" title="External link" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.c...h?v=G_Qwp2GdB1M</a></font><br><font face="Tahoma, arial, sans-serif"><br></font><br><font face="Tahoma, arial, sans-serif">Thanks for your thoughts girl...</font><br><font face="Tahoma, arial, sans-serif"><br></font><br><font face="Tahoma, arial, sans-serif">Dwayne<br></font><br><br>

Anybody else having issues with the editor doing this when you post? I find that I can hit the preview button 3-4 times and it seems to resolve, so I'm not sure what's going on...

Edited by DwayneEMTP