When Firemonkeys Attack

Dustdevil

BATON ROUGE, La. -- Every day across Louisiana, firefighters are busy battling blazes and, in some cases, saving lives.

My heros.

Wankers.

More perpetuation of BS at an unprecedented level.

Yeah, made an acct, tried to post.....

"I, as well, don't see the problem here. Well over half of the calls that the firefighters are running are medical. They don't want to be held to professional standards and oversight like the rest of the medical community, so it's simple really. Lay off half of the firemen, replace them with ambulances carrying medical professionals. Then an ambulance will be the first vehicle to arrive when a person needs medical attention and it will be staffed with personnel that have chosen to be on a medical scene instead of someone that finds medical care and the educational and accountability burdens that that entails distasteful. Why make this more difficult than it has to be? Some people want to educate themselves and be held accountable. Those people should survive and flourish, others don't, and they should be eliminated. Of course, there is not a snow balls chance in heck that this bill will pass, so the majority of this will end up to be mental Mast....., you know, at best. But that's not always a bad thing. I'm confident however that there are many fire professionals that study, stay sharp, and have no fear at all of medical oversight. For them I'm sorry, as they'll be painted with the same brush meant for the ignorant yahoos."

Got this...

"You comment contains a word or words which are considered inappropriate. Please edit your comment and resubmit." Pricks!....(I added the pricks part.)

So I changed "Chance in hell" to "chance in heck." Changed "Mental masturbation" to "mental Mast....., you know" changed mental Mast....., you know" to "moot" and I refuse to change ignorant Yahoos to anything else as it just has a nice flavor when speaking about these dipshits. Finally I just gave up. I'm thinking that if "heck" the offending word then I probably don't have the communication style necessary to make my point in that theater.

I've discovered I'm really not very good at expressing my opinion when strict censorship is invloved.. :-) but I have no idea what the hell is wrong with the above...

Dwayne

• Like 2

Yeah, made an acct, tried to post.....

"I, as well, don't see the problem here. Well over half of the calls that the firefighters are running are medical. They don't want to be held to professional standards and oversight like the rest of the medical community, so it's simple really. Lay off half of the firemen, replace them with ambulances carrying medical professionals. Then an ambulance will be the first vehicle to arrive when a person needs medical attention and it will be staffed with personnel that have chosen to be on a medical scene instead of someone that finds medical care and the educational and accountability burdens that that entails distasteful. Why make this more difficult than it has to be? Some people want to educate themselves and be held accountable. Those people should survive and flourish, others don't, and they should be eliminated. Of course, there is not a snow balls chance in heck that this bill will pass, so the majority of this will end up to be mental Mast....., you know, at best. But that's not always a bad thing. I'm confident however that there are many fire professionals that study, stay sharp, and have no fear at all of medical oversight. For them I'm sorry, as they'll be painted with the same brush meant for the ignorant yahoos."

Got this...

"You comment contains a word or words which are considered inappropriate. Please edit your comment and resubmit." Pricks!....(I added the pricks part.)

So I changed "Chance in hell" to "chance in heck." Changed "Mental masturbation" to "mental Mast....., you know" changed mental Mast....., you know" to "moot" and I refuse to change ignorant Yahoos to anything else as it just has a nice flavor when speaking about these dipshits. Finally I just gave up. I'm thinking that if "heck" the offending word then I probably don't have the communication style necessary to make my point in that theater.

I've discovered I'm really not very good at expressing my opinion when strict censorship is invloved.. :-) but I have no idea what the hell is wrong with the above...

Dwayne

Dwayne, I think if you turn snow balls to snowballs it might work. apparantly Balls are offensive...

It always amuses me how many of you "paramedics" blast the fire service, i'd like to see all of you " Top Notch " medics come down to the states where the service is combined. Unless im mistaken Miami/Dade, St Johns County and several other Florida cities/counties are doing more than most of the country, most of the firefighter/paramedics are the people on the helicopters as well as the local pvt ambulance ( which is a glorified geriatric transport truck ). But yet were firemonkeys, seems to me I work on a rescue in the fire dept, or a "ambulance" for those who are not familiar with our terminology. Those of us who care about our roles in this dual profession dont sit here and whine and complain and think of what negative thing to say to or about all of you who still work in single role depts, whose days are limited, fire/rescue is spreading like a wildfire. It does not matter why, it is happening everyday though.

I saw someone post to fire half the firefighters, how about adding rescues and sending them through paramedic school, or doing like many here are doing, making you sign a contract stating you will go with in your first 3 years of service, which has been working to weed out the people who are single minded and think this is still the 80's where we had lots of fire, and medical was separate.

Long story short, some of us work dual role, some of us care, just as it is racist to lump a whole race into one foul word, it is the same to lump us together.

as well as the local pvt ambulance ( which is a glorified geriatric transport truck ).

Long story short, some of us work dual role, some of us care, just as it is racist to lump a whole race into one foul word, it is the same to lump us together.

Did you really just equate judging EMS based fire suppression as a whole as racist in the same post where you judge all private EMS in the same post?

While I'm all for the development of independant practice models this is freakin scary! The existence of fire based EMS is enough of a black-eye without a fire service seeking permission to do whatever they want without any oversight whatsoever. QA/QI is still critical. Education must match the level of responsibility and consequenses for failure to provide competent care must exist.

fire/rescue is spreading like a wildfire. It does not matter why, it is happening everyday though.

More like locusts. Locusts that will consume until there is nothing left and somehow manage to die of starvation in spite of the fact that food was once a plenty. The only good thing about locusts is the re-growth that occurs once they kill themselves off.

I saw someone post to fire half the firefighters, how about adding rescues and sending them through paramedic school, or doing like many here are doing, making you sign a contract stating you will go with in your first 3 years of service, which has been working to weed out the people who are single minded and think this is still the 80's where we had lots of fire, and medical was separate.

Two reasons right off the top of my head, among a plethora of others:

1. There already exists a workforce of persons educated to do the job, so why reinvent the wheel?

2. The fire service keeps fighting educational standards, tooth and nail, so they cannot be trusted to maintain adequate education to do the job.