Fire Rescue doesn't work cause it's a racial thing

akflightmedic

Says it all.

Let the tossers be tossers & let those who want to work in prehospital medicine only do that.

This will be the next evolution joint services. Seperation.

No it won't. Fire service needs to be able to have leverage when it comes to things like negotiating their contracts. Unless they have EMS calls to fall back on, it is difficult to justify not making cuts in manning, closing of firehouses, reduction in benefits, or other reductions.

No it won't. Fire service needs to be able to have leverage when it comes to things like negotiating their contracts. Unless they have EMS calls to fall back on, it is difficult to justify not making cuts in manning, closing of firehouses, reduction in benefits, or other reductions.

Herbie,

I have said repeatedly that the only reason Fire wants EMS is to justify their existance & pay rises. Let the seperate. The we will se how people like to pay for a service that literally does nothing. I know as a taxpayer, i wouldnt be real happy about it.

You have just summed up the ONLY true reason for fire & EMS to be combined, finally some honesty.

To be fair, the tossers involved in the recent EMS debacles in DC have all been civilian, single-role EMS employees of the Fire Department.

Maybe its time to let the volly firefighters run EMS nationwide?

Herbie,

I have said repeatedly that the only reason Fire wants EMS is to justify their existance & pay rises. Let the seperate. The we will se how people like to pay for a service that literally does nothing. I know as a taxpayer, i wouldnt be real happy about it.

You have just summed up the ONLY true reason for fire & EMS to be combined, finally some honesty.

Obviously it's no surprise to anyone in the business, but most people have no idea why so many FD's have been pushing to absorb EMS service. The IAFF's propaganda machine claims they can provide the better service, but most people do not get to hear the opposing views on this. People simply want the care, and they don't really give a damn about who's providing it. Problem is, most also have no idea that differences DO exist, or why. Unless you change cities and move from one type of system to another, you would never have a point of comparison.

Why is it that when something is wrong in a department, it gets blamed on race? I realize I am probably quite naive in black/white race relations, as we have a very small black population here.

Now, having said that, we have numerous other cultures, and sometimes there are disagreements between them.

What I don't get, it how when someone isn't doing their job, why does it get blamed on race? The fact is, someone isn't doing their job. In EMS, it is our job to go to calls and treat our patient as best we can, regardless of race, age, religion, sexual orientation, or color of their underwear. If the crews on this service can't do that, maybe they should go work in sanitation services, or another department where their communication with the public is limited.

I agree with others who have said this problem comes from the top. The best leaders lead by example, and unfortunately, when leadership plays the race card, of course the staff will follow. The example set is not a good one, and allows for excuses in providing poor patient care. They should all be ashamed of their lack of professionalism.

The reason why it gets blamed on Race is that that is the easiest thing to accuse someone of. Once the race card gets pulled then all intelligent discourse stops and Al Sharpton and his cronies come in to make noise.

When you call someone racist, you end all discussion and the idiots just come out.

The reason why it gets blamed on Race is that that is the easiest thing to accuse someone of. Once the race card gets pulled then all intelligent discourse stops and Al Sharpton and his cronies come in to make noise.

When you call someone racist, you end all discussion and the idiots just come out.

BRAVO. Its become a weapon, and people are starting to wake up and get really sick of it.

BRAVO. Its become a weapon, and people are starting to wake up and get really sick of it.

To be honest, I have racial tendencies but those are tendencies that I keep underwraps. Now before anyone get's all hot and bothered and calls me a racist let me explain.

I hate black people who kill, steal, rape or whatever else.

I also hate white people who kill, steal, rape or whatever else they do

Any race that does this kind of stuff I do not like the person of that race. Does that make me racist, well I'm not sure. I'll bet someone will tell me that it does. Do I care if you tell me that, NOPE not at all.

What I hate more than the above is this

People who yell racism whenever someone of white skin makes a comment like I just made above and those of other color skin say "That's racist" or 'Your racist"

I'm gonna shut up on this because the more I say the angrier I get at this type of behaviour but I hope you understand what I'm getting at.

There were some who posited, when NYC EMS was moved from the Health and Hospitals Corporation to the FDNY, that FDNY was attempting to appear that they, a predominantly white organization, were employing women and minorities.

FDNY is, at least on the Fire Fighter's side, still predominantly white.

I also must mention that, while pre-merger EMS advanced from EMT to Paramedic, or either of those titles to Lieutenants, Captains, and the assortment of Chiefs, FDNY's first ideal of promotion is to Fire Fighter (holding Certified First Responder-Defibrillator status).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.