Gloves on a plane

EMT Zombie

...those multi million dollar screeners that will allow those dolts to peer at my anatomy...

Where do I apply for this dolt job, anyways? :devilish:

Sounds like a pretty good retirement gig. It's what I do best!

Edited by Dustdevil

...just do what you gotta do, with what you have to work with, and then quietly disappear without leaving your real name with anyone. :D

Hello my name is William Bobo, MD from Fort Worth, Texas; what is the problem today? :D

Those medical kits the plane carries are first rate a1 fantastic they are just as well stocked as your typical ALS bag except they only have an AED. All commercial airlines I have seen have a satellite phone-in system where you can talk to a doc just like how you guys talk to medical control.

Where do I apply for this dolt job, anyways?

Over qualified. Sorry brother. Though they might give you a second look after you explain your intense interest in voyeuristic anatomy... dribble.gif

An interesting note. When I flew down to meet you guys in Florida I noticed I'd kept my Zippo lighter in my pocket and thought, "**** it. If they take it, they take it." One of the guys pulled it out of the tray, flipped the wheel and it lit right up. His supervisor said, "It's ok, let it go." The other said, "But I thought they were disallowed if they had fluid." First Super said, "Not any more, they're fine now."

Not sure what makes me have to leave my conditioner at the counter but be allowed to take my lighter?

Probably my rosy personality...

Dwayne

Dwayne: If memory serves, a regular style Zippo would be allowed on flights that allowed smoking, as the fuel reservoir is not pressurized. A Bic "Flick", on the other hand, has the fuel in a see through fuel reservoir, which is under pressure.

I will entertain speculation that the Bic is a potential grenade if there should be a catastrophic loss of cabin pressure, specifically, an explosive decompression, for both incendiary and shrapnel damages. My speculation is that the lighters are designed for use and storage in standard air pressure, from sea level, to Denver's mile high, not the 7 mile cruising altitude of a jetliner.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.