Gloves on a plane

EMT Zombie

I was just wondering if anybody knew.

I always carry a pair of nitrile gloves with me eveywhere, and I am flying to california tommorow. Does anybody know what the rules are on that?

Sorry if this is a dumb topic to start. But I can't find the answer I need anywhere else

I was just wondering if anybody knew.

I always carry a pair of nitrile gloves with me eveywhere, and I am flying to california tommorow. Does anybody know what the rules are on that?

Sorry if this is a dumb topic to start. But I can't find the answer I need anywhere else

Ask the TSA agents for I'm sure they wouldn't have a clue. If the gloves can ignite, then I would believe no. They would probably think it's some sort of explosive plastic.

Why take the chance? What's gained?

In the event that there is a medical emergency on the plane, it's a safe bet that the plane's kit you would have to use will contain gloves.

I'd advise against carrying anything onto a plane that may cause some security official to decide you warrant a closer look.

Though their choice of gloves may make for a good break in the tension as you... get better acquainted.

The TSA is a joke and a farce. I have caught TSA agents alseep at the x-ray machine and alseep on seats at Logan, SFO and Dallas-Ft Worth. I have had bags put through for search not searched and have been told that I do not need to be searched because the same guy searched me yesterday.

I've gone through with some nitrate gloves stuffed in my back pocket no problem.

• Like 2

I don't see why gloves would be banned. Only an idiot would consider a pair of nitrile gloves to be dangerous, however this is the TSA that we're talking about.

They are NOT prohibited or suspicious by TSA regulations. There is no reason you would not be able to carry them.

I will, however, second the lack of confidence in the TSA and their ability to even observe their own regulations. Flying from Minnesota to Japan, they took my toenail clippers, but the non-US citizen next to me was allowed to keep her six 12 inch long knitting needles. Go figure. :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.