Woman sues gym over pole-dancing injury

Lone Star

I'm guessing she wanted to ace the job interview at Scores!

Woman sues gym over pole-dancing injury

NEW YORK - A woman has filed a lawsuit alleging that a Manhattan gym left her hanging when she tried a new workout: pole-dancing.

Sue Ann Wee is seeking unspecified damages from the companies that run the Crunch fitness center chain.

Lawyer Nicholas Warywoda said Wee seriously hurt both her shoulders when she slid down a pole and fell onto the floor while taking a Crunch pole-dancing class in June.

Warywoda said Wee told an instructor she couldn't hold herself up during an upside-down maneuver, but the instructor didn't help her.

Wee alleges that the gym chain didn't supervise the pole-dancing class properly.

New York-based Crunch declined to comment.

The steamy dance form has become increasingly popular as exercise in recent years.

Pole dancing is actually quite demanding on the human body. Needs quite a bit of agility, stamina and strength to do it, well. Not to mention it is probably fun to just do it. Aside from the usual reasons of doing it. They even have competitions for pole dancing.

That being said, so what? I pulled a muscle at the gym when I was lifting. Does that mean I am going to sue them? Just because she was doing something provocative every should suddenly give a damn? Get a life lady!

Wow. I work out at the wrong gym. Pole dancing??

I think I need to pay a visit to the suggestion box at Bally's...

I'd be in the best shape of my life- I'd be at the club for hours at a time! LOL

My gym has all kinds of classes.. aerobics, pilates, yoga, etc etc.. no pole dancing though. I often thought of taking these classes just to see what all the hype is about.... :innocent:

Wow. I work out at the wrong gym. Pole dancing??

I think I need to pay a visit to the suggestion box at Bally's...

I'd be in the best shape of my life- I'd be at the club for hours at a time! LOL

You should fit right in with the other middle aged overweight men and women in these classes. It is not a sight for the weak.

Edited by VentMedic

You should fit right in with the other middle aged overweight men and women in these classes. It is not a sight for the weak.

What about OLD OLD overweight women that get kicked out of line dancing class is there a place for me? :jump::jump::jump:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.