Weird Knick-knacks & Stocking Stuffers

Chief1C

Post the tackiest or oddest knick-knack or 'stocking stuffer' you've ever been given.. Or.. post the weirdest thing you've ever given to someone else.

In my senior year of High School, we did a Secret Santa type deal in my literature course. You had to get someone something odd, or off the wall. Forgetting about it till the last minute, I had the bus drop me off at the general store near the school. I bought a can of clam juice, a roll of butcher's twine and a pack of toothpicks, and had them gift wrap it... I added a note that said MacGyver could figure this out, can you?

• Like 1

'4c6' date='19 December 2009 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1261279386' post='231452']

Post the tackiest or oddest knick-knack or 'stocking stuffer' you've ever been given.. Or.. post the weirdest thing you've ever given to someone else.

Well don't know if its tacky but my family has quite a reputation for returning "joke" gifts this initially was started by my Mother and her Mother (my Grandmother) they exchanged the same Christmas card for over 40 years, this started during my Mothers deployment as an RN during the Korean War.

My middle brother would exchange the same can of herring (in tomato sauce) for as many years to my Mother, and she was always disgusted by this. A can of SPAM has been lost some where in these continuing transaction's and the expiry date in in the 70s.

My younger brother and myself a "nose warmer and hand knitted" found in the most curious of containers, one year in a baked potato, one year in a bottle of wine, oh yes that was my idea.

Thing is my brother visited me just one day ago, damn him, I have not located it as of yet but I know it is now somewhere in my abode, the bugger, I just haven't located it as of yet, perhaps a means of psychological sibling torture ? Well it's working. :blink:

In my senior year of High School, we did a Secret Santa type deal in my literature course. You had to get someone something odd, or off the wall. Forgetting about it till the last minute, I had the bus drop me off at the general store near the school. I bought a can of clam juice, a roll of butcher's twine and a pack of toothpicks, and had them gift wrap it... I added a note that said MacGyver could figure this out, can you?

4c6 I am Bamboozled once again yet almost intrigued, honestly have absolutely no idea what MacGyver could make out of this stuff although I am quite positive that we will eventually find out some and a very twisted application. :iiam:

cheers and a good thread

Edited by tniuqs

I do remember one Christmas when I was given the gift of being told I'd ruined the family, FML

Ben what is FML?

My aunt one year, litterally gave my older brother soap on a rope. He was about 24, and when he opened it the first thing out of his mouth was,"Where in the hell am I going to get soap stuck that I need a rope to get it out?". Every year I snicker to myself and can see my poor brother sitting there, holding it up next to the tree asking that question..lol

My aunt one year, litterally gave my older brother soap on a rope. He was about 24, and when he opened it the first thing out of his mouth was,"Where in the hell am I going to get soap stuck that I need a rope to get it out?". Every year I snicker to myself and can see my poor brother sitting there, holding it up next to the tree asking that question..lol

Lisa that is cute ... did anyone tell your brother why one should NOT drop the soap in the first place ?

cheers

Lisa that is cute ... did anyone tell your brother why one should NOT drop the soap in the first place ?

cheers

He did do some time (here and there) in county for stupid stuff as a teenager. Ya think he would know..lol Maybe he never

"learned" or was angry that it was on a rope, and thusly, hard to drop..lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.