Too big for the airplane seat

Just Plain Ruff

That's a ridiculously huge person ... not sure if it was just Canada or the USA also, but within the last year it was made 'illegal' to charge a severely overweight person for two seats, should they exceed the posted size (or however that works). It was supposedly discriminatory and unfair. Sure it's sad and I'd hate to be that person, but do I need to be punished for someone's unhealthy habits?

So tell me ... is it unfair that I lose partial circulation in a hip because the juggernaut beside me is too big for one seat? If you can fit in one seat, great. If not, one should be paying for two or find another method of transportation more suited for one's size. Fair amd comfortable for everyone.

• Like 2

It appears as though some people feel we should be punished for the unhealthy eating habits of others. I guess they won't mind trading seats with me on an aircraft, when someone is sitting halfway onto my chair due to their sheer size.

Edited by Siffaliss
  • Like 1

That's a ridiculously huge person ... not sure if it was just Canada or the USA also, but within the last year it was made 'illegal' to charge a severely overweight person for two seats, should they exceed the posted size (or however that works).

These hypocritical bastards sure don't mind charging us higher taxes if we have a bigger house.

It sure is a shame that some people are like this. I don't know what this guys story is. Maybe he had legitimate glandular problems. Maybe he is a fast food junkie. Regardless, he is human and maybe a really nice guy. Everyone should be treated equally. If is fair for the person next to them? Probably not. Is it fair for him? No, it's not fair for him either. Sorry, live isn't fair. Maybe next time I fly I will complain about all the people around me. He is too black, she is too Asian, the kid is too Jewish. It's the same thing people! No matter what his size is, it's the same thing!

gallery_1843_51_56287.jpg

try using bbcode, not html

also, hope it's not a meal flight...

seriously? a negative for giving advice to the OP on posting the image in question after he made the statement of it not posting? you people have issues

These hypocritical bastards sure don't mind charging us higher taxes if we have a bigger house.

No doubt hey? Bigger/more usually costs more ... more octane in fuel = more $$ ... more property = more taxes ... more insurance on your car = more $$ ... more french fries and an extra patty on a monster burger = more $$

Regardless, if someone takes up more than one seat, they should pay for more than one seat and of course have that seat beside them to use. I don't think anyone here was saying fat people should pay more for a plane ticket simply because they're fat. One seat per person, if you use more you pay more.

It sure is a shame that some people are like this. I don't know what this guys story is. Maybe he had legitimate glandular problems. Maybe he is a fast food junkie. Regardless, he is human and maybe a really nice guy. Everyone should be treated equally. If is fair for the person next to them? Probably not. Is it fair for him? No, it's not fair for him either. Sorry, live isn't fair. Maybe next time I fly I will complain about all the people around me. He is too black, she is too Asian, the kid is too Jewish. It's the same thing people! No matter what his size is, it's the same thing!

If they're such nice people then why are you posting potentially embarassing pictures of them? For your amusement? Or are you supposed to be teaching us something here?

And no, sitting next to a black/asian/jewish/whatever person is not offensive, that was you being a tad ridiculous. Being sat ON by someone who is too big to fit in their own seat IS offensive.

Edited by Siffaliss
  • Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.