BC Paramedics Legislated Into Contract Extension

rock_shoes

ED thats Salmon and will I see you on TV during the Olympics (I would watch that) Dang I should have asked for an autograph when I had the chance.

Actually you’re more likely to see me in person during the Olympics. I’m taking a couple weeks off in February and BCAS can’t do anything about it. When Bill 21 passed the “Essential Service Order” went out the window and I no longer have to provide any more than 8 shifts per month of availability to meet my contractual obligations. February is prime ice-climbing season so I’m thinking a week in the ice-fields parkway and a week of ski-touring are in order (I was thinking maybe the Wapta traverse).

You want my autygraff? I was gonna be at the Olympics...but not no more.

ABSOLUTELY, just put it on a cheque for $1000.00 first .... :punk:

Arctickat:

You must feel very disappointed but this is VANOC and Campbell's doing, I have to take my hat off to you having a set of balls, just ME but this put a spending cap on supporting any Olympics "gack" in anyway way ! There is no red mitts on my Christmas lists now of that you can be guaranteed !

Seriously if we could stand together across Canada to protest the treatment of our brothers and sisters as an Association of Paramedical Professionals It could sent a very serious message to other provincial government's considering these underhanded tactic/s as well this is an abomination and bargaining in very bad faith and will not be tolerated, BCAS management should be sacked.

ps I too look very svelt in "Salmon" too and looking for my ice axe and crampons (era 1980)

if we could stand together across Canada to protest the treatment of our brothers and sisters as an Association of Paramedical Professionals It could sent a very serious message to other provincial government's

You mean like this one?

You mean like this one?

Ok so have you heard word one from this group in the last 2 years, the forums are deceased the list server is a means to discuss issues is an epic fail, cant get a discussion going even with a BOMB. I had 5 replys for the same poll in are you assisting for H1N1 vaccines ... pitiful really.

Chop the funding off and thats what one gets I guess ? :devilish:

Edited by tniuqs

Paramedics-New Talks for New Deal

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Dec. 10, 2009) - Representatives of the BC Ambulance Service agree with ambulance paramedics on one thing – that the provincial model is the only option for a viable and sustainable ambulance service in B.C.

The shared perspective came out at the first day of contract talks held today in Vancouver for a new collective agreement between the BCAS and CUPE 873, Ambulance Paramedics of BC.

On several occasions the provincial Liberal government has alluded to looking into "alternate delivery options for paramedics."

CUPE 873 served notice on Dec. 1 to launch the talks for a new agreement to take effect after the current "contract" legislated by the Liberals expires on April 1, 2010. Two more days of meetings have been slated for next week to discuss what the employer termed "broad conceptual issues" including scheduling, staffing, seniority and training and recruitment.

After protracted negotiations earlier this year, CUPE representatives say they are hopeful the employer's bargaining team now has a mandate to negotiate a new contract.

The two sides were close to a deal when VANOC demanded the province end the seven-month legal strike by B.C.'s 3,500 ambulance paramedics to ensure the 2010 Games. The ensuing legislation, Bill 21, marked a shameful first in Canadian labour history – the first time a government legislated workers while they were in the middle of voting on a contract offer from that same government.

Arctickat:

You must feel very disappointed but this is VANOC and Campbell's doing,

I am very disappointed, but my lovely wife is taking me to Jamaica for a couple of weeks during the games to cheer me up. :D

I am very disappointed, but my lovely wife is taking me to Jamaica for a couple of weeks during the games to cheer me up. :D

Oddly enough my ex sent me a note to send me on a trip too (one way) the suggestion was a place a bit warmer than Jamaica and common decency does not allow provision for "destination details" :innocent:

Oh yes still awaiting the autygraff, and I do accept Visa or direct deposit .... te he.

cheers

The love of a good woman and sporting a tan in the middle of winter cures all doesn't it? Enjoy Jamaica. Even if the weather isn't perfect you can think of me skiing across a glacier in -20C.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.