Job, Hobby, Treatment - Rolled into one

VentMedic

No tie-dye was on display at a standing-room only hearing held by a California lawmaker on Wednesday in a bid to get his marijuana legalization bill taken seriously.

See and this is what I mean. You are obviously a throw back to the 60's, say "man" a lot, dreads, a "hippie", or whatever if you smoke weed. Just like all people who drink, drink 40's, $500 wine bottles, have flasks and mickey's on them, and their own moonshine still.

Let me let you in on a little secret. No one I know that smokes weed wears tie-dye.

I think marijuana tends to be equated with ultra-liberal, make love not war, tree huggers, that offends a lot of people in North America. The legal addictive substances (alcohol and tobacco) have very masculine, hard-nosed, get down to business, "cool" mystiques surrounding them. Real, important men drink and smoke. These are men of action, men who make the important decisions that make the world go 'round. Those who smoke weed sit at home, watch TV, probably do other drugs, and eat cheetoes. Drinkers and tobacco smokers are the productive people in society, pot smokers are not (and almost it is portrayed that they cannot be).

Yes, I know that historic societal viewpoints are difficult to change. This is one that needs changing.

• Like 1

Let me let you in on a little secret. No one I know that smokes weed wears tie-dye.

You have not seen my patients in Northern California. These are the original flower children from the Summer of Love. Some are now in nursing homes sitting in their tie-dyed Tees while listening to the Grateful Dead. Others still run flower stands. I see some 60+ y/os in business suits Monday-Friday and then smoking marijuana while wearing their tie-dyed shirts in some park on the weekends. This is no joke. Parts of SF, Mendicino, Humboldt and Butte Counties are like a trip back in time only with gray hair. But, I do like the Grateful Dead so it's all good.

Of course, some of my patients do smoke marijuana for medicinal purposes and for those, whatever they wear is okay.

Also, if you watch a video of this CA assembly meeting, it is easy to see what generation some of the players are from and what areas. I imagine the tie-dyed tees will come out later after the suits come off.

Edited by VentMedic

name='crotchitymedic1986' date='28 October 2009 - 06:00 AM' timestamp='1256731226' post='227820']

Here is the only problem with your pro-marijuana stance:

Currently, the testing for this drug only proves that you have smoked it in the past 30 days, it is difficult to pinpoint exactly when you did it; two hours before your shift, or two weeks ago. So, do you want an EMT who is just barely buzzing to drive your rig ? How about your brain surgeon, is it Ok if fired one up 12 hours ago ?

12 hours and slept ... far better than drinking a 26 of the best scotch at a party, never see a hung over cutter ? meh.

Interesting, want to know the real stats of MDS and the level of drug abuse, access is the big issue here with far more drugs, try pee testing a surgical resident for amphetamines ... yup scary.

Not quite correct, but really close, 2 weeks the the catabolites of THC are eliminated in the infrequent user, in the chronic users up to a month detected in urine testing (over 50ng/ml) well on the TNT diagnostic urine cut offs, mass spectrometry is far more sensitive.

But you do raise an excellent query .... what is a legal impaired level for THC ... and are they agressive drivers ? LMAO just watch Cheech and Chong.

The biggest USofA issue is the 28 commissions on the investigation of THC ... funded by that Nixon idiot then only presented 4 because HE did not want to see the real information ... or at least release it to the public, loved reefer madness what a 'hoot' no pun intended.

I agree, the war on drugs is as stupid as "prohibition" was in the last century. Legalize it, tax it, make those who indulge pay more for their health insurance premiums, and alot of our crime will go away.

Agreed Cut the major funding from drug dealers off at the knees and yup many issues would go away, incarcerate a pot dealer how stoopid but do focus on the white powders, that said I find a "buzzed partner" and the wrath of Khan may will be light in comparison.

The countries in Europe that even Heroin is legalized (as long as their registered) even legal shooting galleries with free clean sharps = less transmission of Hep and HIV, Rocket Science !

Medical use the clear evidence is in chronic pain, side effects of Chemo, some forms of depression, some seizures, stuttering and this is a huge recreational industry in British Columbia in the billions even, TAX IT control it cause it ain't working now.

Just one thing more I sure hope the entire Cali legislature keeps their damn cloths on ... PLEASE.

Edited by tniuqs