TRAUMA - Episode 5

Just reserving the spot for discussion following watching it. I'll make my commentaries roughly 20 hours after the broadcast.

This may seem like a silly question - but if you don't have anything to say, why start a topic?

I thought this episode was okay. Once I got a chance to calibrate my expectations for the show I've found I can actually enjoy it for what it is.

Edited by fiznat
  • Like 1

This may seem like a silly question - but if you don't have anything to say, why start a topic?

I thought this episode was okay. Once I got a chance to calibrate my expectations for the show I've found I can actually enjoy it for what it is.

Meh, it could always be worse. Though I was thoroughly amused tonight when my friend who knows very little about EMS or the actual reality of my job asked me - is that what it's really like? I was thinking hmmm how should I answer that - I've come across some weird stuff that would probably make a trauma episode, but that's not an every shift occurrance. I decided to be nice and say no, actually my job isn't that exciting - I get excited when I show up and my unstable patient is already packaged for me ! It's the little things people, the little things :thumbsup:

• Like 1

It was on while I was doing other things. Rabbit ran a chest pain and it was pretty accurate. Slightly exaggerated vis-a-vis the yapping spouse, but lord knows we've had ones pretty close to that. The only nit pick I had was administration of NTG before establishing a line. That was the only scene I saw and it was mildly entertaining.

• Like 1

I'll make my commentaries roughly 20 hours after the broadcast.

It takes you that long to get over the nausea? :lol:

My question is this, why do we need a new thread for each and every episode... is it really necessary?

It's like a run report. Especially since this show is on life support. Each episode must have it's own paperwork. ;)

The only nit pick I had was administration of NTG before establishing a line.

Especially with a systolic of 100 and no 12 lead.

For the first time in the history of the show, someone actually dropped a proper ET tube, and it was an EMT-B, lol. EMT-Bs starting lines and pushing meds too. Whatever. :rolleyes:

Which leads me to one of my biggest problems with this show. It's not that it makes EMTs and medics look stupid. It's that it makes them make them look smarter than they actually are. Way too many zebra diagnoses being made.

As for it being like the real job, obviously the biggest problem is the run ratio. Should be about 6:1 medical/trauma, and not the other way around.

Interesting that the first patient that actually met serious criteria for aeromedical evacuation (the phosphorous burn) went by ground. I thought for sure Rabbit would rappell down to save him. The fact he didn't leads me to believe the director is a racist.

The gay EMT; seriously, who didn't see that coming?

And who didn't see the fire in the gay club coming? This is the first show where almost all of the traumatic events were completely predictable. Unpredictability was one thing the show had going for it before tonight.

The chick intern is starting to piss me off. She too is too predictable, as is their treatment of her. Very unrealistic.

I am PRAYING that Blondie is killed in the wreck next week. I cannot stand her. She is even more loathsome than Rabbit, which is quite an accomplishment.

With the money they save on her salary, maybe they can buy a clothes iron for the uniforms. Seriously, does everyone in that agency sleep in their uniform?

All that said, I do find the show less disgusting each week. I'll keep watching.

Edited by Dustdevil

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.