Education Survey

RavEMTGun

What is your highest level of educaiton?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. ALS

• Doctoral/Masters Degree
    • Bacheloreate Degree
    • Associate Degree
    • More than 1yr of University (not vocational collegel)
    • High School
    • Im not ALS - SHOW RESULTS
  2. 2. ILS

• Bacheloreate Degree
    • Associate Degree
    • High School
    • Im not ILS - SHOW RESULTS
  3. 3. BLS

• Bacheloreate Degree
    • Associate Degree
    • High School
    • Im not BLS - SHOW RESULTS

Not quite sure of what you are trying to obtain. Is this a specific degree for either ALS, ILS, or BLS? Or are you asking for what educational degree did you have upon taking these levels. Please PM me and I can give you the low down as why I did not vote.

Edited by P_Instructor

I'm not asking about specific EMS degrees, but about any higher education. My point goes more to the idea that some think higher education is too much of a burden for EMS. I hope to illustrate that many in the field already have higher education and so the leap may not be so far as some think.

• Like 2

I'm not asking about specific EMS degrees, but about any higher education. My point goes more to the idea that some think higher education is too much of a burden for EMS. I hope to illustrate that many in the field already have higher education and so the leap may not be so far as some think.

I think the issue for some is education WITHIN the EMS field. Personally, my thought is that in order to address the problems we have in EMS require knowledge that is NOT unique to EMS- like management and leadership training. All the certifications in the world will not make you politically savvy or understand the processes involved in pushing an agenda.

I think the issue for some is education WITHIN the EMS field. Personally, my thought is that in order to address the problems we have in EMS require knowledge that is NOT unique to EMS- like management and leadership training. All the certifications in the world will not make you politically savvy or understand the processes involved in pushing an agenda.

Agendas are not easily pushed on vapor. If you want to win a political fight, begin the fray with as much ammunition as you can.

I'm working on a baccalaureate degree in history. Although I fall in the 2-year degree paramedic category, I don't love EMS like I love studying history. I'm sure that will offend hard-core EMSer's but at least I'm honest.

The results are getting more interesting! Either there is a selection bias with this forum or there is a response motivation bias to this survey. I'm guessing a little of both... sample size is still small...

I'm working on a baccalaureate degree in history. Although I fall in the 2-year degree paramedic category, I don't love EMS like I love studying history. I'm sure that will offend hard-core EMSer's but at least I'm honest.

How can anyone be offended by that? We should pursue our passions if we can!

Edited by RavEMTGun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.