Greetings, citizens

NRPinNEPA

I'm EMTinNEPA. I, like many others, have one foot out the door at a certain other EMS forum, so I came here on the recommendation of some e-friends.

Anyhoo, I'm 21 years old. I've been an EMT for a year and a half and I'm a paramedic student. Upon completion of the program, I will have a certificate of specialty in advanced life support. After that, I plan to take the CCEMT-P course and complete an associate's in EMS. I work for a private service and I am proud to say that, even if 46Young and I will probably bump heads about it (wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last). I also serve as an adjunct instructor for my alma mater's EMT program. Blah blah blah, listing credentials, look how good at EMS I am, blah blah.

I'm single with no children and live by myself. I'd like to have a family one day, but I don't realistically see that happening. I'm cynical, misanthropic, and a relentlessly sarcastic observer. I'm also a former Mass Comm major and a former Music Ed major.

So that's me. If my posts do nothing else I hope they make you think.

• Like 1

I'm EMTinNEPA. I, like many others, have one foot out the door at a certain other EMS forum, so I came here on the recommendation of some e-friends.

Anyhoo, I'm 21 years old. I've been an EMT for a year and a half and I'm a paramedic student. Upon completion of the program, I will have a certificate of specialty in advanced life support. After that, I plan to take the CCEMT-P course and complete an associate's in EMS. I work for a private service and I am proud to say that, even if 46Young and I will probably bump heads about it (wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last). I also serve as an adjunct instructor for my alma mater's EMT program. Blah blah blah, listing credentials, look how good at EMS I am, blah blah.

I'm single with no children and live by myself. I'd like to have a family one day, but I don't realistically see that happening. I'm cynical, misanthropic, and a relentlessly sarcastic observer. I'm also a former Mass Comm major and a former Music Ed major.

So that's me. If my posts do nothing else I hope they make you think.

Well, have you met Dust or others here. your description of yourself describes many on this board, and some of those it describes are married so don't count yourself out yet.

Well, have you met Dust or others here. your description of yourself describes many on this board, and some of those it describes are married so don't count yourself out yet.

The "basic questions about the EMS field" thread has five different muni third service EMS agencies from FL listed. Maybe you could consider moving there after graduating medic class, just for kicks, to be a little adventurous. I moved out at 22, it's not as scary as it would seem, especially with your P- card. As far as your love life, there's plenty of "potential" down there, I'm sure.

Well, have you met Dust or others here. your description of yourself describes many on this board, and some of those it describes are married...

Not that there's anything wrong with that! :D

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.