New Madrid Fault Line.... are we ready? (GDG)

Do you think we are prepared?  

34 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

Ok.. I'm in a state of Misery... or wait.. in THE state of Missouri.. sorry.

Anyway.. I'm not worried about it's effects too much where I'm at... SW Missouri near Springfield... Remember this... the last time that there was a quake along the New Madrid Fault Line, the bells of Boston were heard to ring.. the Mississippi River changed it's course, and the majority of New Madrid was destroyed.

Intrestingly, I used to work at a Show Cave.. and was amazed how safe caves are during Earthquakes.

You may not seem as much effects from the quake but all of missouri with be effected due to swarm of people evacuating and no you can never be prepared for something of hat magnatude. I work about hour and half from stl and we are preparing for it and but our ems here is actually pretty organized.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way NO is under sea level is the reason for the flooding. :

An equally sad fact is that the insurance companies were well aware where the insured properties were located. They happily accepted premiums and just when the worst happened they were able to fabricate some small print crap about wind driven flooding to deny payment for losses.

Most anyone can tell I am strongly conservative in politics, but what the Bush administration perpetrated on our country during this disaster is unconscionable. Allowing their pals in the oil industry to rape our nation under the guise of damaged oil company infrastructure was preposterous. Exxon reported the highest fourth quarter profits in the history of the company following Katrina.

Furthermore the Bush administration stood idly by as State Farm and the insurance industry abandoned those who had paid them in good faith for many years. I just wish there was a way to begin a national boycott of State Farm Insurance and let them know it was payback for taking advantage of the folks in New Orleans.

I can only imagine the battery of excuses the bastard insurance companies already have cooked up and simmering for the next big earthquake. I just hope its not a wind driven earthquake!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.