Locked out of computer

akflightmedic

I have a brand new laptop I won back in January. When I got it, I loaded everything on it and I also password protected it.

I have never used it aside from this first time of loading.

I am now wishing to use it only I can not remember the password.

Is there a way around this???

I have a brand new laptop I won back in January. When I got it, I loaded everything on it and I also password protected it.

I have never used it aside from this first time of loading.

I am now wishing to use it only I can not remember the password.

Is there a way around this???

If you're using Windows there is. There are several programs that you can use by putting it on a CD and booting with it that will let you change the password to get in. I've had to use them once or twice on new computers with different keyboards (touch type the pass and then realized that touch typing on the new keyboard gave me a password that wasn't right and I couldn't recreate the pass). I'll look see if I still have the name of it sitting around

EDIT: EBCD is what I used. A DL Link is here:

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm#2

Edited by JTpaintball70

Ok I looked at that and it made no sense to me. You have to talk to me as if I am a 5 year old when it comes to computers.

Is there any combination of buttons I can press to make the computer reboot itself completely, you know, erase and start over?...There is nothing on it as I have never used it...I have no factory CDs with it or anything, just a case and a laptop.

Ok I looked at that and it made no sense to me. You have to talk to me as if I am a 5 year old when it comes to computers.

Is there any combination of buttons I can press to make the computer reboot itself completely, you know, erase and start over?...There is nothing on it as I have never used it...I have no factory CDs with it or anything, just a case and a laptop.

Not a combination of buttons per se... If you have any windows CD (even an older 98 CD) that you can boot from (put it in the drive and then restart the computer, follow the on screen cues to hit a button to boot from CD), you should be able to install the new windows over the old one by hitting the format drive button... That will erase everything on the computer and allow you to start over

a. Turn off the notebook before starting.

b. Hold down the zero (numerical zero) key down.

c. Press the power button to turn on while still holding the zero key until the loading files or ram disk image appear on the sceen.

d. Follow the Toshiba recovery wizard screen.

e. For further information please refer to the information from your user manual.

a. Turn off the notebook before starting.

b. Hold down the zero (numerical zero) key down.

c. Press the power button to turn on while still holding the zero key until the loading files or ram disk image appear on the sceen.

d. Follow the Toshiba recovery wizard screen.

e. For further information please refer to the information from your user manual.

Thanks!!!

Problem resolved...you should do something with computers as much knowledge as you have. :)