ePCR Ideas

joshkrull

We've just started using Siren at work. It's been customized to the service but I have issues with it:

- Medications database seems to be missing a lot of common drugs making manual input way more useful.

- The sections are just in a weird order that throws off work flow (hard to explain)

- Certain information is in awkward places (like why is time call received the only time on a different page)

- Weird bugs that delete info after you've entered it

- Comment boxes are too small, but the lists to choose from leave you selecting "Other: Comment" all the time and running out of space

- No spot for narrative, so you either don't have one (not required for us) or like I do you use the generic comment box

- Refusal section is clunky and the signatures field is too small for pt.'s to use. Should make it full screen.

I can't remember the name of the program the service I was a student with used, but even with it's issue it was better then Siren. They're trying to fix all the complaints the medics have, but there are only so many things that the company can tweek for us within the program.

In other words, while I don't know the others, I certainly don't recomend Siren at this time.

JoshK,

We're using Image Trend v4.0 in our system. The program is both road crew and billing department freindly. It's a very easy to read, work, and understand the program. There are numerous "power tools" (Big button type select screen, where you touch the button and it time stamps the time you did your procedure) which come in handy when your doing your procedures. The program in itself is designed to effectively eliminate double documentation. Signatures are accurate, it interfaces with your CAD, (if ya got one), your able to "upload" your CAD data right into your PCR (milage, address, call type, response, times, etc), It can also interface to your monitor downloading your call data via bluetooth right into your PCR. Insurance info is a breeze. It can also interface with a barcode reader for Driver's licenses and etc for direct "upload" to your PCR.

Billing wise, Image Trend provides the ability, to not only bill for medciations and the like, but now the ability to charge to do the procedure. For example if I do a Neb Tx on someone, I select the correct meds, add "Assessment--Nebulizer Treatment" under procedures.... meaning not only are they getting billed for administering the meds, now they're getting billed to "do" the procedure. This was something that our previous program couldn't do. This is resulting in a net gain of over 2 million more dollars this year over last year since we implemented Image Trend. I don't know the techincal aspects of the software, servers, or cost.....

But, I personally love the software. I'm able to from start to finish do a PCR in 10 min.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.