Co-Worker Seriously Ill

Brady

So they have extended Dales antibiotic course. He will be on it for 4 to 6 more weeks then do surgery. I with some help put together a potato feed (I do live in Idaho) to help come up with some funds for Dale. He lives in a small town and we were expecting the best and got way more than we expected. The funds raised were over $6000 just on the feed the Fire Dept is doing a fill the boot type thing tomorrow and he has a can somewhere in town. Also a group here matched up to $5,000 so that puts us prob over 12,000. I love it when a community comes out to support someone who does so much for them. You think its a thankless job but its times like this that make it all good.

It's really nice to see that a community that he serves has rallied around him! Especially in these hard times, it does give one confidence in human kindness!

• 1 month later...

Alright the date is set...He goes in for surgery the 24th of August. Please pray for him. They tell him that if he gets only half the lung taken out he will be able to do everything but the fire fighting. If they take the whole thing then his life will change forever. We pray for the best.

• 3 weeks later...

The best of news!!! Dale had his surgery today and they took all of the leads out. It wasn't as much as they had anticipated, so he has a lot more lung than they told him he would have. This news is awesome...just thought I'd share with you all.

I'll pass the woed about Dale. Need to pass the word about one of my co-workers. His name is Rusty, and he was barely out of the classroom and doing his FTO time when he became septic. He has ulcerative colitis, and it ruptured. He was on a vent in ICU for a long time, is still in the hospital, and will not likely work again. We did a link sale, and there's a 4-man scramble coming up soon.