Fired for bad c-spine technique!

zzyzx

They've been getting away with murder for so long now that it has simply become the pervasive culture in law enforcement. It'll take a lot more than a random firing here and there to change it. The fish rots from the head, and that is where the change will have to come from.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to find the wrongfulness of the law. Look how they stick together. Six of them stomping and punching a guy who was unconscious. I'm sure this has happened many other times, in countless other places. Heck, we have seen the videos. Those cops are scum, and get away with too much because they hide behind a badge. I am willing to bet at least one of them has done this before to a suspect who "resisted" arrest.

Yes, this guy ran from the cops. Yes, the cops are supposed to enforce the law and subdue the person for their own safety. This guy ran, and they "probably" didn't know why. So, to keep themselves safe, they have to subdue the person.

NOW, what THEY did, was totally uncalled for. They brutally assaulted the guy.

The ironic thing about this is that their actions almost justify his running, in retrospect. If you knew this was how you were going to be treated, wouldn't you run too? I certainly would. And if his attorney doesn't make that case, he's incompetent. This is such a common occurrence that it is logical to assume that it may happen to you.

Edited by Dustdevil

It is not often that I am absolutely astounded by what I see... but I am right now. I can not believe that they unmercifully beat a prone person status post EJECTION from a vehicle.

The Mayor was talking out of both sides of his mouth. He chastised them for their actions, but applauded their overall work... but also the way he said that the Police had exercised great restraint (far greater than he would have shown) in not aggressively ending the chase earlier, sounded like he thought that they should have ended it earlier, and none of this would have escalated to the level it did. Reading the Mayor's body language and reading between the lines, I would be shocked if any of these officers regained their employment.

Reading the Mayor's body language and reading between the lines, I would be shocked if any of these officers regained their employment.

Would, or would not?

Would... no typo here. I honestly believe that the Mayor was completely disgusted by these actions and feels that his officers could have ended it faster and without much incident. If they get jobs again, it is without that man's approval. Just my read on it... God knows I've been wrong before... I once made a bet that "Krush Groove" was going to be a bigger hit than E.T. Boy did I get fleeced on that one.

My friend is a cop in a large city. He's a well educated man (we went to university together), calm and easy-going. Him and I were talking a few years ago about a similar incident on TV, which also disgusted him and he explained to me part of the psychology of the Police Service.

Whenever one of their members is in trouble, rightly or wrongly, they don't throw him to the wolves. In each circumstance, no matter how big an asshole the guy is or how obviously guilty, they see that it could just as easily be them. So they keep quiet and allow the union lawyers to defend each and every one knowing that if they can support the worst among them, no matter how much they dislike it, that if circumstances ever conspire against them, they won't be alone.

I don't like it. But I can understand it.

That being said, these guys should and probably will be looking for another job.

I think this may be a situation where they EXPECTED him to resist, or try to run, or whatever, and they were so amped up from the chase and the officer down that they didn't really notice he wasn't moving.

Doesn't forgive the shots to the head and the kicks, but I can totally see the initial tackles and whatnot. I also think that had he been conscious, it would have lasted a lot longer than 11 seconds.

I think the mayor looked like he wanted to support the officers. He just knew that if he did the media backlash would end his career, too. He looked really uncomfortable when he said anything negative about them(and you could tell it was pre-written by a speech writer) but then the parts about how wonderful the police work was from him ad-lib. He also tried his hardest to turn it back on the perp/victim when he said if he had to suffer through watching the whole thing everyone else does too. While it was definately a chase, I didn't really see anything that looked terribly "high speed". Maybe it's just my interpretation of what "high speed" is? Did anyone catch what the guy was wanted for? If it was something like stealing a candy bar it was stupid to even engage in a chase in a crowded city anyway.

This is why respect for lawmen has decreased to such a level. I am expected to remain professional regardless of the situation. Some may say the situations are different and they are. I did not choose Law enforcement

because it does not suit me, too many go to law enforcement for the power trip,wrong reason, wrong temperament. I see far too many examples of this daily.

As usual just my opinion and not shared by most.

Edited by tired-medic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.