Fired for bad c-spine technique!

zzyzx

I see far too many examples of this daily.

As usual just my opinion and not shared by most.

It's definitely not shared by most in law enforcement. That's the primary reason why I became disillusioned with LE as a career. It takes guts to stand on principles of integrity and remain in the profession. I didn't have those guts. Props to you if you do.

As often as we see this thing these days, when every officer knows they're on camera, just imagine how bad it was before dash cams. That's when I was in law enforcement.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this may be a situation where they EXPECTED him to resist, or try to run, or whatever, and they were so amped up from the chase and the officer down that they didn't really notice he wasn't moving.

Doesn't forgive the shots to the head and the kicks, but I can totally see the initial tackles and whatnot. I also think that had he been conscious, it would have lasted a lot longer than 11 seconds.

I believe that when he was talking about the quality of Police work he was talking about how they have improved greatly over the past year in a half since the incident, and that he didn't want the recent release of the tape to marr those improvements. Remember this has been in litigation for over a year... the tape is that old. Any illusions toward the quality of the police work on that actual incident were probably forced so as not to totally tick off the Police Union... which is a relatively powerfull union... at least in terms of any EMS union out there...

*warning - OFF TOPIC* By the way... NEMSA sucks.

There's a coincidental similarity between this case and the Oklahoma case. In both cases, the cops were so blinded by adrenaline and testosterone fuelled rage that they simply could not perceive the obvious. These guys failed to see that this guy was clearly unconscious. And the Oklahoma trooper failed to hear that the ambulance had a patient, even after being told clearly to his face half a dozen times or more.

This is just way too prevalent and dangerous in law enforcement.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.