18 still in highschool can i take my take exam?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. A key part of being involved in the medical field is the ability to investigate. On a medical call you'll investigate the patient's signs, symptoms, and events surrounding the issues so that you can determine what's wrong (even if it's something really general, or even to reach an informed conclusion of "I don't know") and which interventions you need to use.

Now is a good place to start developing your investigation skills. Look up Florida's state level EMS office (googling something like "Florida EMS" should work) and look for links like "certification" or "providers" or the like. There should be a link somewhere in there for "EMT-B" or "EMT" certification requirements.

Ok. A key part of being involved in the medical field is the ability to investigate. On a medical call you'll investigate the patient's signs, symptoms, and events surrounding the issues so that you can determine what's wrong (even if it's something really general, or even to reach an informed conclusion of "I don't know") and which interventions you need to use.

Now is a good place to start developing your investigation skills. Look up Florida's state level EMS office (googling something like "Florida EMS" should work) and look for links like "certification" or "providers" or the like. There should be a link somewhere in there for "EMT-B" or "EMT" certification requirements.

thanks for the reply, i called the department of health and yes i do need a high school, or ged.

now im very worried because im taking my emt-b classes at the age of 17 and when i turn 18 i

cant even take the test. i was wondering if there is anyway around this can a waiver work i really need

to answer this question

No. There are no quick answers or run around to your education. Now is the time to learn that and take it seriously. Give your education the time it requires. The rest of the discussion has been hashed out a million times before and I'm sure a quick search for "education" on the forum will be incredibly enlightening. I strongly suggest it.

Cheers and Welcome,

- Matt

No. There are no quick answers or run around to your education. Now is the time to learn that and take it seriously. Give your education the time it requires. The rest of the discussion has been hashed out a million times before and I'm sure a quick search for "education" on the forum will be incredibly enlightening. I strongly suggest it.

Cheers and Welcome,

- Matt

i understand that, but i need to know if im taking theses classes for no reason

i understand that, but i need to know if im taking theses classes for no reason
Advancing your education is never a waste of time. Once you have completed your EMT-B class, simply wait until you turn 18. While your waiting for that to happen, enroll in some other classes. See if you can ride as a junior member at a squad although I realise this could prove difficult in the Miami-Dade area.

Good luck and don't rush into anything. Enjoy your youth and when your 18 you can test.

thanks for the reply, i called the department of health and yes i do need a high school, or ged.

now im very worried because im taking my emt-b classes at the age of 17 and when i turn 18 i

cant even take the test. i was wondering if there is anyway around this can a waiver work i really need

to answer this question

Where did you take your EMT-B class?