Canadian Strike FAIL

Dustdevil

As to our flea bitten province (thank you squint, I won't even argue with that today), emergency services.

Amended to mosquito / black fly infested Northern Ontario ! :lol:

Ok so why do they call it Bug Dope out east, is it the user or the bugs ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amended to mosquito / black fly infested Northern Ontario ! :lol:

Ok so why do they call it Bug Dope out east, is it the user or the bugs ?

Amendment noted, although all are bugs that bite and provide itchy red bumps...whatever! To answer your question, I have absolutely no idea. We get our dope from BC (so I'm told). I'm not sure what the connection is!

Brat ;)

Edited by medibrat

Is there anything in the “essential service” legislation that would be directly related to the upcoming Olympics?

The short answer is no. The longer answer is maybe in the future. As things currently stand the ESO has no language pertaining to the Olympics and "Special Operations" (ie. extra staffing for special events) is shut down. That could change however as every time BCAS management has had a problem thus far they've simply run to the labour relations board and had the ESO amended. The real kicker is that we are not allowed to challenge an LRB ruling until the reasons for an LRB ruling are released. Rather than face a multitude of challenges the LRB has simply refused to issue their reasons thus far.

The whole thing has been rather communist where "Everyone is equal. Some are just more equal." Frequently over the last 2 months the employer has invoked the "Mandatory Recall" clause forcing people to come in to work or face punitive and even legal action. The "Mandatory Recall" clause is supposed to be a failsafe in the event of a major disaster. It is not meant to be used just to keep the regular cars staffed on any given day. This is essentially admission by BCAS that the ambulance service is in a state of crisis. In addition the LRB has actually ruled that paramedics are to answer calls from scheduling and accept overtime shifts exactly as they have in the past. You can't even refuse to work regular overtime without risking being held in contempt of court.

BCAS and the BC Provincial Government have taken things way too far this time. If this type of bullying is allowed to happen here it will eventually extend across the country and spell disaster for all of us. If we fail to take a stand here and now we might as well tear up the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms because the precedent will be set.

Ed Peters

Just one of the 3500

BCAS and the BC Provincial Government have taken things way too far this time. If this type of bullying is allowed to happen here it will eventually extend across the country and spell disaster for all of us.

Agreed and I can see it happening in AB as well with our Nazi Conservative Party bent on underfunding Health Care to make Private Health Care a thumbs up ... where did that Heritage trust fund in the billions go too I wonder ... sorry off topic.

As William Wallace once said perhaps its time to pick a we fight !

So say hypothetically that is an entire region say like Kelowa for just an example, tender thier resignation en mass (2 weeks notice under law, sound fair and legal) and then Victoria or Campbell River to follow (in a week) it may bring the BC government to talk nice, but it would take Big Balls to go through with that ... like hell they could even find enough scabs and introducing a private for profit service would have things ballistic in a heartbeat in tree hugging BC.

Heck maybe RNS and annoyed MDs could entertain supporting ?

Just think out loud is all.